National Bank – A Subsidiary of KCB Group Plc
Position Title: Senior Manager – Banking Systems Administration
Job Ref No. HR/055/2020
Reporting to: Head of Banking Operations
Position Scope: Senior Manager – Banking Systems Administration develops business banking strategies in order to reach branch sales and service goals.
Monitors performance and productivity of the banking systems group. Being a Business Systems Manager (Banking) aids bank staff in achieving branch and individual sales and service goals. The Business Systems Manager (Banking) typically manages through subordinate managers and professionals in larger groups of moderate complexity.
He/she also provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility. May give input into developing the budget. Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments.
- Prioritizing, monitoring and planning control activities within the CBS in coordination with Internal and External Audit teams
- Development of technical support documentation for banking systems analysts
- Coordination with the Banking systems Manager for development of SLA’s
- Establishment of a planning process for performance & capacity review of the CBS and peripheral applications
- Conducting business impact analysis as well as risk & vulnerability assessments on the applications in your docket
- CBS and other related peripheral systems are always available to end-users on a 24 hour basis
- Ensure that CBS and other related peripheral systems daily updates are successfully completed on time
- End user requests are attended to within the acceptable time limit
- Identifying and coordinating core banking system upgrades
- Perform impact review of system changes and enhancements on the various Bank platforms to existing customer solutions offered through solutions delivery and liaise with the Business functions and Operations for the resolution of system related problems and for change management to ensure client satisfaction on solutions delivered.
- Participates in project schedules to maximize benefits and minimize impacts on the customer organizations.
- Stays current with technological developments in systems administration technology and recommends ways for the Bank to take advantage of new technology.
- Support Business Teams to drive customer focused utilization, penetration and dormancy of all channels while offering a central control point for the various developments, enhancements and Products support.
- Perform applications troubleshooting, problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability as required.
- Develop procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse.
- Apply System patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Manage and oversee team performance through performance planning, coaching and performance tools availed by the Bank to maintain a high performance culture
- Motivate and inspire the team by providing information and tools needed to carry out their jobs and meet customer expectations.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Personal Attributes:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field.
- Four (4) years’ experience in Banking Operations.
- Knowledge of AIX and other OS, ITIL, System administration and monitor system performance.
- Knowledge on data analytics and report writing
- Knowledge on SQL, oracle, Linux and IBM tools
- Proficient with computer applications
- Knowledge of banking operations
- Possess working knowledge of AIX Unix and other OS like windows, ITIL etc.
- Banking laws and regulations
- Analytical –highly analytical and ability to challenge status quo based on quantitative facts and impacts
- Report writing-ability to develop reports
- Cost benefit analysis
- Stakeholder Management
- Leadership skills
- Organizational Skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team building
- Conflict management
How to Apply:
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the criteria for the above role, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae through the link provided below.
Please indicate your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
To be considered, submit your application on or before by 10th May 2020.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the recruitment and selection process.
National Bank of Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Let us grow together