Position: Senior Core Network Engineer – Nairobi
Reporting to: Manager – Core Network Planning
Job Grade: 3
Who We Are
Telkom Kenya has embarked on an exciting new journey of becoming a trusted technology partner that will play an integral role in the Country’s vision of becoming a digitized economy.
This will be done by leveraging on its existing infrastructure and established relationships to offer a variety of services to targeted customers.
Role Purpose: The Senior Engineer will be responsible for planning, Design and engineering of Circuit and Packet Switched Core Telecommunication Networks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for design and capacity planning for the GSM Circuit Switched Core Network nodes including but not limited to MSC, HRLR/HSS, MGW, STP(SPS)
- Evaluate new and existing hardware, planning & design for new solutions, implementation & integration of new hardware/Software, project management, and optimization of the CS-Core network.
- Translate marketing inputs into core network architecture and design for mobile circuit switched service.
- Configure data for new system with vendors and create work instructions for existing systems.
- Provide recommendation reports to identify opportunities for improvement and optimization of existing CS-core services.
- Manage all software and hardware configuration for the CS-Core nodes.
- Set relevant KPIs for the CS-core network and ensure they are met
- Build internal and external relationships with key customer and supplier to deliver continuous quality solutions to the business.
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- University Degree in Telecommunication, Computer Engineering or any related Technical degree from a recognised institution.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in a Telecommunication environment dealing with Circuit Switch Core Network and signalling systems.
- Circuit switching design
- GSM mobile network and IP & VOlP
- Traffic engineering
- Proficient in Microsoft word, Visio, excel and PowerPoint
- Autonomy in a multicultural and multifunctional environment, ability to liaise with other entities and departments inside TKL and outside.
- Proactive and dynamic
- Ability to work under pressure
- Efficient and results oriented
- Self-motivated person able to work under minimum supervision
- Excellent organisation and communications kills
- Proven leadership skills.
How to Apply
Application should be sent by 25th May, 2020 please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through email@example.com and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.