Business Registration Service (“The Service”) is a Semi-autonomous Government Agency created under the Business Registration Service Act 15 of 2015.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the following vacant post in the Business Registration Service:
Senior Corporate Communications Officer
Advert No. 18/2020
Job Grade BRS 4
One (1) Post
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Director Corporate Services.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Corporate Communication Officer duties and responsibilities will entail:-
- developing comprehensive public affairs and communications strategies;
- managing Service’s relationship with the media;
- designing and approving corporate materials and branding;
- coordinating all the Service’s public functions;
- reviewing the Service’s corporate image;
- fostering stakeholder relations;
- ensuring appropriate feedback mechanisms are in place;
- coordinating the Service’s advertising and publicity;
- ensuring maintenance of all public affairs and communications records and photographs; and
- providing professional assistance to the Service in all areas of communications, public relations and media relations.
Requirements for appointment
A person shall qualify for appointment of the Senior Corporate Communications Officer if that person:
- Is a Citizen of Kenya;
- Has six (6) years relevant working experience;
- Has served in the grade of a Senior Corporate Communications Officer or in a comparable managerial position for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Public Communication, Public Relations, Mass Communication, Journalism or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Must be a member, in good standing, of a professional body;
- Demonstrates professional competence and administrative capabilities;
- Demonstrates computer literacy;
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to download the full advert and make their applications by completing and submitting the BRS Employment Application FORM
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- All applicants shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post or position during the interview.
The completed application form should be emailed to email@example.com on or before 15th June, 2020.