Business Registration Service (“The Service”) is a Semi-autonomous Government Agency created under the Business Registration Service Act 15 of 2015.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the following vacant post in the Business Registration Service:
Senior Internal Auditor
Advert No. 16/2020
Job Grade BRS 4
One (1) Post
An officer at this level will be administratively responsible to the Director General for day to day operations and report directly to the Board for the overall coordination and management of the internal audit function.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Internal Auditors’ duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
- planning and coordinating internal audit activities;
- ensuring adherence of accounting procedures;
- developing and reviewing audit management systems;
- verifying final audit reports/queries on financial statements;
- directing and monitoring audit inspections;
- reviewing audit programs and work plans for the Service;
- validating annual audit reports;
- verifying the accuracy and disclosures in financial statements;
- evaluating and documenting audit evidence; and
- ascertaining the adequacy of the Service’s internal controls and providing remedial advice.
Requirements for Appointment
A person shall qualify for appointment of the Senior Internal Auditor if that person:
- Is a Citizen of Kenya;
- Has six ( 6) years relevant working experience;
- Has served in the grade of Internal Auditor I or in a similar managerial position for a minimum period of three (3) years with proven experience;
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Commerce (Accounting/Finance option), Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Administration with CIA/CISA or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Is a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Internal Systems Auditor (CISA) from a recognized institution;
- Is a registered member, in good standing, of any of the following:- Service of Internal Auditors or (IIA) (Kenya Chapter);
- Demonstrates professional competence ;
- Demonstrates computer literacy ;
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to download the full advert and make their applications by completing and submitting the BRS Employment Application FORM
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- All applicants shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post or position during the interview.
The completed application form should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th June, 2020.