Business Registration Service (“The Service”) is a Semi-autonomous Government Agency created under the Business Registration Service Act 15 of 2015.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the following vacant post in the Business Registration Service:
Senior Planning Officer
Advert No. 17/2020
Job Grade BRS 4
One (1) Post
Senior Planning Officer, Job Grade BRS 4 who will be responsible to the Director, Corporate Services.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Planning Officers’ duties and responsibilities will entail:-
- Formulation, review and interpretation of planning, monitoring and evaluation policies;
- Coordinate the development, review and implementation of the service’s strategic plan and service charter;
- Coordinate the development, implementation and evaluation of the service’s performance contract and master plan;
- Coordinate the development of departmental work plans and align them to the budget;
- Coordinate the preparation of ministerial public expenditure review (MPER) and mid-term expenditure framework (MTEF) budget;
- Coordinate project prioritization process for MTEF in accordance to budget calendar;
- Monitor, evaluate and report on progress in the implementation of projects and programs;
- Coordinate economic analysis and strategies;
- Coordinate preparation of development plans;
- Undertake economic modeling and forecasting;
- Compile and interpret statistical data;
- Undertake feasibility studies on all service delivery projects and Undertake service delivery surveys.
Requirements for Appointment
A person shall qualify for appointment of the Senior Planning Officer if that person:
- Is a Citizen of Kenya;
- Has six (6) years relevant working experience;
- Has served in the grade of a Senior Planning Officer or in a similar managerial position for a minimum period of three (3) years with proven experience;
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Commerce, Economics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Business Administration, Business Management, Business Engineering, Finance or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Demonstrates computer literacy; Must be a member ,in good standing, of a professional body;
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to download the full advert and make their applications by completing and submitting the BRS Employment Application FORM
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- All applicants shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post or position during the interview.
The completed application form should be emailed to email@example.com on or before 15th June, 2020.