Business Registration Service (“The Service”) is a Semi-autonomous Government Agency created under the Business Registration Service Act 15 of 2015.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the following vacant post in the Business Registration Service:
Senior Supply Chain Management Officer
Advert No. 15/2020
Job Grade BRS 4
One (1) Post
Senior Supply Chain Management Officer shall be reporting to the Director General.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Supply Chain Management Officers’ duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
- ensuring the formulation and implementation of supply chain management policies, guidelines and procedures;
- planning supply chain management activities;
- conducting market survey and research;
- coordinating the preparation of procurement plans;
- maintaining inventory and stock control; and
- issuing tender documents and preparing contracts;
- approving procurement plans in accordance with budget process;
- measuring the performance of suppliers and contractors;
- introducing modern inventory management techniques and approaches;
- approving disposal of unserviceable stores; and overseeing implementation of e-procurement strategies
Requirements for Appointment
A person shall qualify for appointment of the Senior Supply Management Officer if that person:
- Is a Citizen of Kenya;
- Has six (6) years relevant working experience;
- Has served in the grade of a senior Supply Chain Management Officer or in a similar managerial position for a minimum period of three (3) years with proven experience;
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Supply Chain Management, Commerce (Supplies Management option), Procurement or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Must be a member ,in good standing, of a professional body;
- Demonstrates computer literacy;
- Demonstrates professional competence ;
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to download the full advert and make their applications by completing and submitting the BRS Employment Application FORM
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- All applicants shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post or position during the interview.
The completed application form should be emailed to email@example.com on or before 15th June, 2020.