Job Title: UI / UX Designer
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya,Uganda, Tanzania, and Rwanda use Sokowatch’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Position: UI/UX Designer
We are Seeking an experienced and accomplished UX designer with decent DevOps and brilliant scripting experience to automate and integrate prototypes and open-source platforms on the product team as a pre- or post-support for Engineering teams.
Reporting to: Global Head of Product
Locations: To be based in Nairobi.
Roles and Responsibilities;
- Lead the end-to-end UX Design for multiple platforms and tools that Sokowatch builds
- Create user-centred designs by understanding business requirements, the voice of the customer, user journeys, customer feedback, and usability findings.
- Quickly and iteratively create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups and detailed UI and visual design specifications to Product and Engineering teams, as well as business stakeholders and executive leadership.
- Create branding guidelines and design standardization across all of the team’s products.
- Incorporate customer feedback, technical constraints, and usability findings into the design
- Develop and maintain detailed information architecture and design specifications
- Implementing usage analytics across all our functions to improve design & UX design/UX optimization efforts
Requirements and Qualifications;
- Master’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- 3+ years of experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar.
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and interaction design, user-centred design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques.
- Experience designing applications with multiple user touchpoints with a specialty in web design.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating breadth and depth in UX and visual design. This should also include the approach and process.
- Professional proficiency in the high-fidelity mockup and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Invision, or equivalent.
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment.
- Relentless desire for innovation while balancing user model with implementation model.
- Expertise in UX performance optimization using qualitative and quantitative assessment.
- UX design experience across global markets.
- In addition to expertise in web, working knowledge in design for mobile and other devices.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates to send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating ‘UI/UX Designer’ on the subject line by 31st May, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.