Vacant Position: Manager – Business Intelligence & Analytics
Reporting to: Head of Digital & Strategic Innovations
Department: Corporate Development
Who We Are: Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services.
Powered by its vast fibre optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
Role Purpose: The job holder will be responsible for supporting the conceptualisation, planning, development and implementation of commercially sustainable products and services in order to grow our market share and profitability.
Ensure all products and solutions are financially viable through research and analytics and create value for Telkom, its vendors, partners as well as new and existing customers.
- Automate complex, manual and error-prone processes.
- Through data, research and analytics ensure that the organization identifies commercially viable and scalable products and services that will propel Telkom to be a market leader in identified markets, generate revenue growth and deliver profits.
- Ensure continual review of Telkom offerings and business models to ensure that they are competitively priced and deliver on promise.
- Support in reviewing potential partnerships and act as liaison between the Business and Technology Divisions.
- Support the creation of a joint business plans and go-to-market initiatives with key sponsors from the Partner and relevant individuals from Telkom.
- Support the development of joint solution offerings to meet changing customer needs.
- Make sure partners are fulfilling their contractual obligation and that Telkom is providing the required support.
- Develop and manage relationships with relevant stakeholders and their respective requests for analysis
- Responsible for developing, operationalizing and review of statistical models towards business development and growth.
- Undertake research, analysis and benchmarking of data garnered from disparate sources and related industries.
- Provide relevant insights and recommendations with statistical support/validity on analysis
- Provide assistance in the design and delivery of automated, scalable analytical models to stakeholders
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, or Finance
- 3- 5 years’ experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (including VBA, Pivot Tables, array functions, Power Pivots, etc.), and experience in SQL and manipulating large data sets in a database
- Knowledge of Database management tools and Ability to transform an idea/strategy into a product through process mapping and requirements writing
- Solid background in statistics methodology and familiar with data visualization tools, e.g. Tableau
- They must be able to undertake research, analyse data, and apply results in problem solving and decision making, taking a long term perspective
- The business analyst manager must be a tenacious decision maker, with strong business acumen and ability to bring a sound, aggressive, and responsible approach to business
- Demonstrate ability to utilize numeric data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Networking skills to form collaborative partnerships
How to Apply
Application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for internal applicants and to email@example.com for external applicants by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 5th June 2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.