Vacant Position: Head of Agency Network
Reporting to: Director, Sales & Distribution – Mobile Division
Department: Mobile Sales
Who We Are: Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services.
Powered by its vast fibre optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
Business Context & Main Purpose of the Role: This is a key position in driving traction for Telkom’s Mobile Financial Services (MFS) offering – Tkash.
The position is primarily responsible for:
- Agent and merchant network acquisition through the development and execution of the MFS distribution strategy.
- and achievement of sales and acquisition targets whilst ensuring strong MFS point of purchase presence and brand visibility country wide.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To define the Agent and Merchant network strategy for MFS
- To undertake RTM strategy review for MFS and Implement in sync with the Mobile Sales Division go to market structure
- Define and manage operational processes for Agent and Merchant on-boarding
- To oversee and drive the people capability agenda for MFS across all levels – TKL staff (Field & Retail), 3P Staff and Partner Staff.
- To ensure full training & cascading of the necessary Anti Money Laundry (AML) and regulatory requirements
- Together with Sales Management, set MFS 30-day Active Agents & 30-day Active Merchants Targets for the Sales Force
- To support Mobile Sales’ overall acquisition Agenda
- To achieve in-market brand visibility targets with support from HQ-led Trade Marketing & Brand Activities
- To monitor the MFS activities of competition and to prepare counter action plans.
- To build interfaces & relations with other departments to drive overall Telkom agenda in trade: Finance, Logistics, Marketing
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field from a recognized institution
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in sales, distribution and customer service and relationship management, including 2-3 years in a similar position in an MFS Environment
- Experience in Telecommunication / ICT industries and good understanding of these services and solutions are preferred
- Proven management and motivation skills
- Strong analytical skills including demonstrated experience using hard data and metrics to measure performance, determine improvements and innovations.
- Solid understanding of market, competitors, & customer
- Strategically Oriented – solid understanding of the integrated set of products and services included within the MFS portfolio; able to identify opportunities & define and implement these opportunities
- Financial Management – develop and manage budgets, drive down costs wherever possible.
- Presentation and communication skills – superior, both written and oral. Experience in report writing.
How to Apply
This position is open to Kenyan citizens only.
If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 5th June 2020 , please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through firstname.lastname@example.org for internal applicants and to email@example.com for external applicants and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.