Vacant Position: Product Development Specialist
Reporting to: Head of Product & Innovation
Department: Mobile Division, Marketing
Who We Are: Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services.
Powered by its vast fibre optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
Role Purpose: This role will have focus on Product Management throughout the Product Life Cycle from development to execution.
He/she will ensuring that the commercial goals for the Value Added Services (VAS) and Digital products are met and also grow and develop the VAS and Digital products portfolio.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute the Mobile product strategy and roadmap
- Develop and implement innovations that enable customers derive more satisfaction from Telkom VAS products and Digital products
- Deliver forecasted revenue targets and growth in usage of existing VAS services
- Drive the customization of VAS for key market segment and ensuring that commercial partners adhere to Telkom quality standards
- Identify, develop and commercialize new revenue streams for the VAS and Digital products
- Drive the positioning of Telkom VAS and Digital products in the market place
- Conduct reconciliation with the different content providers
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field from a recognized institution
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience preferably in Product Management
- Working knowledge in VAS functions, its application in various markets and revenue models
- Demonstrated success in defining and launching excellent products
- Experience in Telecommunication / ICT industries is preferred
- Management / flexibility : Experienced in managing, developing and motivating others to get work done
- Team-work / collaboration : must be a strong team player with a commitment to value-based leadership
- Initiative & pro-activity : must be self-driven, energetic, resourceful, creative, and possess strong leadership skills
- Influence & persuasion : ability to project a strong, positive image of him/herself and the Company
How to Apply
This position is open to Kenyan citizens only.
If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 5th June 2020, provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through email@example.com for internal applicants and to firstname.lastname@example.org for external applicants and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.