Job Vacancy: Warehouse / Stores Manager
This job vacancy is placed by Fanisi HR Solutions.
Our client in manufacturing is looking for a Stores Manager.
The Stores Manager will be responsible for ordering, receiving, storing, tracking, disbursing, and reconciling all supplies and stock. Liaising closely with Procurement and Production, he/she will place orders and receive supplies.
He/she will supervise a team of Stores Assistants to ensure an efficient and effective system of ordering and tracking stock is maintained.
The right candidate has a track record of quality management, excellent record keeping and stock reconciliation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Issue raw material to and receive finished products from production
- Monitor and record stock levels
- Record products, raw materials, and packaging movement
- Strictly and efficiently observe the FIFO policy
- Receive and inspect deliveries to ensure they meet expected specifications
- Ensure that stock movement is monitored and the stocks balance at all times
- Manage stocks levels to ensure there are no shortages
- Keep track of slow-moving items and take proper action
- Keep an accurate record of stock movement and prepare an analysis
- Ensure proper storage procedures are followed always
- Liaise with production department on internal order placement
- Please orders to suppliers through the procurement department
- Ensure that raw materials received are properly matched with respective L.P.O, pack list or delivery notes
- Establish the right stock levels for all the products or raw material to avoid overstocking or under stocking
- Prevent theft or pilferage by maintaining proper and effective checks
- Lead a team of stores assistants
- Prepare reports for management
- Excellent understanding of inventory management systems
- Ability to create and implement processes and policies
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Stores Supervisor or above
- A degree or higher Diploma is Supplies Management or equivalent
- Any degree with specific experience in inventory management will be considered
- Strong management skills
- Very keen attention to detail
- Ability to prepare clear reports and maintain records
- A confident communicator
- Firm and decisive
- Neat and orderly
- Time conscious
How to Apply
If interested and qualified, please send your CV to email@example.com by 4pm Friday 22nd May 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.