Job Title: Manager – Financial Services Data Scientist
Primary Location: Safaricom House – HQ, Nairobi
We are pleased to announce the above vacancy in the New Business Venture Department within the Financial Service.
In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for persons who meets the criteria indicated below.
Detailed Description: Reporting to Senior Manager – Credit & Data Monetization the person will be responsible to turn terabytes of data into insights and get a deep understanding of how people act in various verticals and segments.
Analyzing and compiling business intelligence, and undertaking financial modelling towards identifying and recommending data monetization and credit scoring opportunities.
Supporting commercial decisions with advanced analytics, the role works with the data analysts and business unit partners to proactively research and design appropriate data monetization and credit scoring solutions and inform the business of possible products, and services.
To participate in product development by bringing analytical and statistical expertise to drive the understanding, growth and success of Financial Services products.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative factors and design suitable data monetization and credit scoring opportunities for customers, agents, merchants and dealers.
- Analyze external quantitative and qualitative factors influencing the credit quality of both individual and institutional borrowers, including assessment of financial statements, economic data, industry trends, and other borrower-specific data.
- Designing, developing, implement, and maintain machine learning algorithms and financial models that;
- Measure customer credit risk profiles and match these to product arrangements, with a view to optimize profit.
- Aid in effective credit risk management models for the mobile lending products
- Generate insights, enhance products, drive targeting, reduce churn for financial services.
- Deliver transactional and behavioral scorecards for different products/markets portfolios
- Tactical and strategic reporting to support decision making process and providing commercial advice to the business on all matters credit scoring.
- Highlight the various data sources that can be monetized, research and extract insights or recommendations that shape the data monetization opportunities through collaborative discussions with various divisional teams.
- Understand the nuances in customer, agent, merchant and dealer behavior and make recommendations around product offering, pricing, promotions and other commercial decisions to better meet demand.
- With the participation of key departmental team members, develop strategic proposals that define the client needs for data analytics and credit scoring and outline products or solutions that add tangible and significant value to the client.
- Have 4+ years of work experience in quantitative analysis & software development.
- Proficient with at least one scripting language (e.g., Python, Ruby) and at least one statistical software package (e.g. R, NumPy/SciPy/Pandas)
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, HBase, NoSQL
- Have demonstrable general-purpose coding experience with a dynamic language such as Python, Ruby, Node.js, Clojure, etc.
- Experience in international reporting and benchmarking
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly CLICK HERE to proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.
Last Date to Apply: Jun 10, 2020