Kenya Orient Insurance Limited
Job Title: Agribusiness Associate
Division / Department: Underwriting & Business Development
Immediate Supervisor: Manager – ADC & Agri-Business
Overall Responsibility: The position is responsible in assisting in developing and executing the marketing strategy for agriculture insurance business.
This involves market research, growth of agri-business and ensuring the enforcement of effective credit control, delivery of set loss ratio and claims management framework.
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in developing and executing the marketing strategy for agriculture insurance business.
- Assist in developing the agribusiness insurance line by generating new business and improving performance of the existing business in line with the departmental targets.
- Represent the department and the company out market visits to clients, intermediaries and Branches. Also in the field days in various set ups
- Conducting market research and exploring opportunities presented by the market to develop innovative agribusiness insurance products and solutions that meet customer needs
- Assist in establishing market trends regarding Agribusiness products, rates and service standards
- Facilitate the processing of quotations, making presentations to clients and timely response of any query concerning Agri-business
- Building and strengthening business relationships, partnerships and collaborations with existing and prospective clients to grow the agribusiness portfolio
- Managing the agri-business portfolio through prudent underwriting in order to achieve the targeted business mix and loss ratio and implement strategies that will ensure profitable growth
- Collecting outstanding premium debtors within the credit control policy;
- Managing claims in the agribusiness line of business;
- Liaising and negotiating terms with specialists and other service providers such as veterinary doctors, agronomists, research institutions etc. for risk assessment, risk analysis, and overall business management;
- Assist in developing business plans and project proposals to the management, partners and donors for support in implementation of departmental business objectives;
- In liaison with the manager, attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- In liaison with the manager, identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Training staff in Underwriting, risk and claims departments’ on the aspects of agriculture insurance
Critical Success Factors for the Job
- University Graduate with Agribusiness Related Degree
- Diploma in Insurance is an added advantage
- At least 2 years relevant experience
- Fluent in the English Language (neutral and clear accent) & Good knowledge of Kiswahili (where applicable)
- Proficient in MS Office Suite – MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel and MS Outlook
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to ask probing questions, understand concerns, and overcome objections
- Strong work ethic and self-starter, able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced business environment
- Must possess and professional and friendly attitude and be able to quickly develop a rapport with customers and other key stakeholders.
- Must possess and be able to demonstrate strong influencing and closing skills.
- Ability to learn and navigate new IT systems and software quickly
Behavioural Competencies Level
- Analytical Thinking – 3
- Customer service orientation – 3
- Flexibility – 2
- Relationship building – 2
- Self – Awareness – 2
- Innovation – 2
- Team working – 3
Functional Competencies (Key Competence Level)
- Knowledge of KOIL’s insurance products and services
- Understand Claims & Underwriting SOPs to ensure a better service delivery
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent Organizational skills
- Customer Service Orientation
- Networking skills
- Maintains a high level of integrity and professionalism
- Observes confidentiality of client data
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the required qualifications, skills and experience, kindly CLICK HERE and apply on or before Friday, June 5th 2020.
We are an equal opportunity employer