Job Vacancy: Assistant Product Manager
- To lead the Sales and Marketing process and strategy for specific product/category.
- To optimise revenue generation for the specific product line to meet business objectives.
- Ensure market share targets are met.
- Produce annual product & brand strategies for selected categories which define market offer and positioning within your scope.
- Manage the existing product and service portfolio ensuring that financial criteria, customer needs are met and brand character developed.
- Fully understand the value chain for key products and investigate options for projects and partnership for incremental business.
- Work closely with the marketing team to ensure that new products and services meet market requirements and financial criteria.
- Produce an integrated annual marketing program and campaign plans.
- Implement sales promotions and marketing activities based on approved marketing plans.
- Have full product knowledge of assigned categories.
- Train the sales team as well as the dealers and salesmen in the market.
- Ensure sales strategies are in place to ensure sales growth targets are achieved.
- Ensure availability of spare parts in good time through communication with suppliers.
- Analyze market data for all the products – generate and present reports on the same.
- Keep abreast and be well updated on all competitor and market information.
- Forecast quantities for the assigned categories and ensure projections are up to date.
- Continuously evaluate and enhance the product line up.
- Resolve any other issues pertaining to the assigned category.
- Previous experience in senior sales or marketing roles of over 7 years, which involved people management. Preferably in a similar industry.
- Minimum qualification of a degree in Sales or Marketing or any other relevant field.
- Professional membership certification e.g. Marketing Society of Kenya or other relevant body will be an added advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of the retail market sector and consumer electronic products.
- Understanding of the latest marketing methodology and thinking.
- Extensive financial & value chain knowledge.
- Track record of team building and strategy implementation.
- Change management experience.
How to Apply
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12th June 2020.
Clearly indicate the job title.