Job Title: Assistant Transport Manager
Nature of Job: Full Time
Job Location: Kisumu
Duties and Responsibilities
- Tracking company fleet and supervising drivers
- Supervise fuelling and repairs of vehicles
- Purchasing spare parts and ensuring the vehicles are well maintained
- Ensure strict compliance with company regulations by drivers
- Identify on-road exceptions and take immediate remedial action including co-ordinating and responding to emergency situations
- Liaise with drivers, operations personnel and Management
- Develop and present daily management reports relating to vehicle utilization and drivers
- Monitor drivers’ performance by Identifying poor trends and driving behaviour through real time and weekly system reports and alerts.
- Analyse operational efficiency of each vehicle in terms of idle time, stop time etc. as a percentage to identify any underutilized vehicles on a monthly basis.
- Make a comparison of the mapped route vs. the actual route followed on each day and take follow up action to find out the cause of deviation.
- Any other supervisory duties
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- A Bachelor’s degree/ Diploma in Logistics or related field
- 2-3 years’ work experience as a Logistics/Transport Supervisor in a busy fleet company
- Alert and keen on details.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Integrity, confidentiality and professionalism.
- Good report writing skills with ability to provide timely and accurate reports
- Good record keeping skills and computer skills
- Ability to supervise a team
- Flexibility as the job may entail long working hours
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should send their CV’s quoting relevant skills, qualifications and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.