Vacant Position: Biochemist
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Job Brief: We are looking for a driven and knowledgeable Biochemist for our client. He will handle the feeding and nutrition protocols around hydroponic farming. S/He will execute experiments, record and analyze data, and present or make recommendations based on findings.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- All aspects of plant feeding protocols and nutrient management.
- Collaborating with other department members to design and conduct experiments and record findings.
- Studying the functions, chemical processes, and composition of living organisms.
- Writing scholarly articles about findings and proposals to raise funds for research efforts
- Designing and building equipment or facilities to use for experiments or research.
- Preparing and refining chemical compounds for public or medical use
- Presenting findings to students, colleagues, or leadership.
- Solving complex problems with materials, technology, or processes to improve the overall quality of work or achieve the desired outcome.
- Hiring, training, motivating, and coaching staff members and colleagues.
- BSC in Biochemistry or Analytical Chemistry plus an extensive chemistry coursework;
- Demonstrable ability in analytical skills as well as experience working in a busy farm environment;
- At least 2 years working experience in the same field.
- Excellent problem solving, verbal and written communication, project and resource management, and computer skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail, especially when multitasking.
If you are qualified, send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject Biochemist to email@example.com.
Kindly Indicate your expected salary.