Vacant Position: Business Development Manager (Construction & Water Well Drilling)
Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
Industry: Construction & Water Well Drilling
Our client, a successful construction & water well drilling company with special focus in the Water, Civil and Building Sub Sectors is urgently looking to recruit a versatile, enthusiastic and highly experienced Business Development Manager with a Civil Engineering and Construction Projects background.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will directly be responsible for the strategic partnerships development and management by performing the following duties;
- Explore new RFPs submit the proposals/tenders ontime.
- Identify and develop relationships with industry professionals to generate new business opportunities.
- To make follow up of the submitted proposals/tenders by active communication.
- Create and expand our client’s footprint and build positive top of mind awareness.
- Attend industry events and other meetings to stay abreast of market conditions, competition, and establish relationships with existing clients and prospects.
- Provide ongoing progress updates on new business development activities and other key indicators to the management team.
- Coordinate and assist in the proposal process with our client’s marketing and project management teams.
- Maintain key customer relationships, develop and implement strategies for expanding the the company’s client base.
- Manage overall sales/business development process, setting appropriate metrics for sales and business development management.
- Leads initiatives to promote revenue generation and strategic partnership development and management.
- Serve as key leader and mentor in proposal development, defining the win-strategy, key competitive attributes, and pricing objectives.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Key Competencies & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in Civil Engineering from a recognized institution
- Must have at least 10 – 15 years business development experience in Construction Projects with a successful track record of building relationships in Construction Industry
- Experience in tender preparations and proposals preparation and submission
- Proven ability to establish profitable relationships with key decision makers with existing and potential Clientele
- Business acumen
- Communication proficiency
- Strategic thinking
- Client relationship management
- Commitment to results
- Outstanding presentation, sales and marketing skills
- Ability to travel as and when required
How to Apply
If you’re up to the challenge, kindly send CV and cover letter only to email@example.com close of business 20th June 2012.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line.