Vacancy Announcement: Chief of Party, Kenya
Chemonics seeks a Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID-funded Kenya Empowered Youth project.
This activity seeks to support evidence-based and evidence-producing county level models that empower youth and connect them directly to social and economic opportunities to improve theh livelihoods and well-being.
The Chief of Party will provide overall leadership, management, and general technical direction of the activity.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Effectively lead and build coalitions among diverse stakeholders and partners through innovative, sustainable and tailored initiatives
- Coordinate and communicate a common vision in line with the activity objectives
- Provide overall administrative leadership for the activity and serve as the primary driver on strategic, managerial and technical matters
- Serve as the key liaison between USAID/Kenya and all other counterparts and implementing partners involved in the activity including senior government officials, private sector leaders, domestic and international stakeholders and other parties
- Ensure coherenœ, consistency, quality and timely delivery of contract deliverables and results: lead annual work planning process and supervise workplan implementation, and manage progress towards stated objectives
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation, report on targets and achievements, and ensure that interventions accurately and professionally reflect activity objectives
- Identify and report on issues and risks related to implementation in a timely manner
- Minimum of ten (10) years of professional experience working on international youth workforce development, financial inclusion, entrepreneurship and/or positive youth development related projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in youth services, financial inclusion, workforce development, livelihoods, and/or private sector development
- Regional experience in Kenya preferred
- Experience addressing gender issues related to expected outcomes as well as experience developing programming that enables the inclusion of girls and women in youth economic engagement
- Demonstrated experience working at the community level assessing challenges, creating and implementing solutions, and achieving measurable results in development projects
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in youth workforce, financial inclusion, entrepreneurship, social science, or related field
- Prior experience on USAID or donor-funded projects is strongly preferred.
How to Apply
Interested parties should submit their CVs and cover letters at the following site: http://chemonicsesaf.formstack.com/forms/kenyakey no later than 30th June, 2020.