Job Title: Communication and Knowledge Management Assistant
Job Summary: The USAID-funded Tusome Early Grade Reading Activity is designed to dramatically improve primary literacy outcomes for approximately 7 million Kenyan children in grades 1–3, by enhancing teachers’ capacity to effectively deliver classroom instruction, improving schools’ access to appropriate books and other learning materials, and providing instructional support and supervision through a network of curriculum support officers.
Communications is an essential component in the overall Tusome goal of improving literacy outcomes for Kenyan children in grades 1-3.
The purpose of the post of Communications and Knowledge management Assistant, is to assist the activities of the Tusome project and other partners as part of the communication campaign of the program.
- Assist the planning and monitoring of the implementation of the program’s communication
- Develop and implement local partnership initiatives with local stakeholders
- Assist the Head of Communications program in the design and production of promotional materials
- Ensure regular collection of data from the outreach activities carried out by NGO partners for their statistical analysis in the database.
- Submit a monthly detailed report on the progress of the activities of the program responsible for communication
- Assist the manager in the preparation of quarterly reports of program activities and the production of success stories (success stories).
- Contribute to the management of relations with the local press and the development of press releases (press releases)
- Contribute to Tusome’s performance communication by compiling daily media bulletins and any other news pieces that are shared with the mission and RTI.
- Contribute to building the Tusome photo database/video library: Continuously highlight Tusome interventions through photography and video documentation by external teams
- In collaboration with the Head of Communications, provide support for the preparing of infographics and one-pagers that help tell the story of Tusome
- May provide support in oversight of production management of literacy lessons for pupils grade 1-3 for TV and radio
- Assist as needed with developing messages for dissemination to the general Kenyan public about available TV and radio lessons as well as safe health messages, support efforts to creatively disseminate these messages within the scope of Tusome.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1 year of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to obtain proper security clearances as noted by contracts
CLICK HERE to apply online
The application deadline is June 12, 2020.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
*No applicant will ever be asked for any payment either to secure a role with RTI International or as a follow-up to having been awarded a position with RTI International.
If anyone ever approaches you asking for any such payment, please immediately email email@example.com
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V