Job Vacancy: Manager – Construction Company
We seek to recruit a Manager in charge of a Construction Company who will Plan, direct, coordinate, or budget, usually through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems.
Participate in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling, and implementation.
The individual will be responsible for:
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Manage the construction effort and be the construction representative of our company with Client.
- Handling customers, staff and providing them support as necessary. Be customer centric.
- To plan, develop and organize the construction effort to formulate the most cost-effective plan to timely completion within budget and to implement the execution of that plan. Ensure that we are cost sensitive
- Responsible for implementation of the scope of work as related to construction/ fabrication, pre-commissioning, load-out and installation.
- Use modern technology to promote efficiency including Automation of systems and enhance a paperless way of working.
- Monitor and report to the Project Director of project details, including progress, risks and opportunities in a timely manner.
- Ensures all changes to specifications, work scope and drawings are documented • Define clear roles & responsibilities and deliverable requirements in terms of both scope and schedule to all the team members.
- Monitor construction productivity and schedule performance and investigate reasons for less than satisfactory performance. Provide recommendations and institute measures for improvement by modification to operating procedures/work instructions. Enhance performance and meeting of targets and expectations.
- Adhere to Company Safety Standards and promote safety culture among the ranks throughout the Company.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner or developer.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses.
- Degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Civil/Electrical/Project Management or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in new construction and in a supervisory capacity
- Working knowledge of green building practices highly desirable
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once with no decline in quality control
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process
- Familiarity with construction management software packages
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture”
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Leadership and human resources management skills
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above are required to send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org – with “CONSTRUCTION MANAGER” being the subject of the email with detailed CV names & addresses of three referees not later than 20th June 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note that Optiven Limited does not charge any fees.