Job Title: Construction Project Manager
Gross Salary: Very Competitive
Our client is a leading engineering and contracting company specialized in designing and executing electrical works, with the main focus being in the corporate market.
They seek to hire a Construction Project Manager to plan and supervise single or multiple high-rise construction project within the same location from start to finish.
H/She will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure successful completion of the project in terms of the cost, quality and HSE
- Collaborate with engineers, architects etc to determine specifications of the project
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities
- Determine needed resources i.e. Manpower, Equipment and Materials from start to finish paying attention to budgetary limitations
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met
- Prepare the overall program of work and monitor it weekly in order to understand the delays and mitigate risks of delays
- Acquire equipment, material and monitor stocks on time
- Hire contractors, other staff and allocate responsibilities
- Supervise the work of the staff and give guidance when needed
- Evaluate progress and prepare a detailed daily / weekly / monthly report
- Adhere to all health and safety standards and report issues
- Ensure that monthly valuations are done on time and also maintain records of abortive works by liaising with the QS
- Responsible for materials and store management by ensuring requisition is done on time and as planned.
- Control the cost and budget of the project
- Responsible for quality assurance and quality control on site
- Chair weekly and monthly meetings
- Coordinate subcontractors’ valuations and arrange weekly/monthly meetings for smooth progress of the project
- Ensure the procurement for major items and subcontracts are in place and ordered as per schedule within the right price
- Work and liaise closely with the QS to ensure that EOT’s are recorded and delays claimed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering, Construction Management, or an equivalent degree.
- A minimum of 8 years experience as a Project Manager
- Proven experience as a Project Manager handling multi storey projects
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- MUST have hands on experience of MS Office / AutoCAD and MS Project
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent Organizational and time management skills
- Team Player with leadership abilities
- Certification in PMP will be an added advantage
- Strong leadership skills
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Construction Project Manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9th June 2020.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.