Job Vacancy: Dairy Supervisor
Job Summary: This position will work closely with the Production Manager and the HR Operations Manager to ensure trained personnel are availed and effectively supervised to complete all production, rework and other assignments as needed.
Communicating issues in a clear and concise manner is critical. As well as providing timely feedback to any department.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties Include
- Oversee the processing and packing of products daily.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules and timely communicating with the staff; resolving problems and escalating issues that would require management intervention.
- Ensure all staff clock in and out and back up attendance sheets properly filled by all staff during any given shift.
- Ensure any emergency issues arising at the workplace are properly reported and managed including administering first Aid to any injured staff and evacuating for further treatment where necessary.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data where needed, answering questions, and responding to requests.
- Lead, train, prioritize and direct workflow and methods for Production employees
- Prepare daily, vacation, bi-weekly work schedules for all employees and ensure no effect to production.
- Prepare necessary paperwork and administer all information on the spreadsheet and maintain records of all documents.
- Analyze staffing requirements and ensure efficient compliance to production schedules and budget for all production processes.
- Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Work to continuously improve in all areas.
- Drive continuous improvements in the following areas: safety, end user, start-up, downtime, quality, change-over duration, and cost.
- Manage the workload of the production crew.
- Communicate with other departments regarding relevant production issues.
- Ensure that employees are properly trained to operate equipment in a safe manner.
- Ensure that employees work in a safe environment and follow all safety procedures.
- Create, monitor, evaluate and report production efficiency indicators.
- Complete all necessary records, projects, and reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Perform Other Job-related Duties and Responsibilities as Required.
- Must be able to understand, assist, and complete work order paperwork.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment which includes but not limited to: noise, changing temperatures (hot, wet, cold, humid), standing/walking/bending/stooping/climbing stairs, maneuvering around manufacturing equipment consistently throughout the shift.
- Working with chemicals, wearing personal protective equipment, and following approved chemical handling procedures.
- Shift flexibility.
- Works in an office and manufacturing environment.
Academic & Professional Qualifications
- A diploma in any business-related field or an O-level qualification with a minimum 1-year supervisory experience in a production or manufacturing environment.
- Eloquence in both written and spoken English and Swahili languages.
- Food Production or Manufacturing experience will be an added advantage
- Experience taking physical inventory desirable.
- Demonstrated work history.
- Good attendance is a must.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Flexible with shift times and weekends to meet customer deadlines.
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org before 8th June 2020.
Clearly indicate the exact position (Dairy Supervisor) applied for and your minimum salary expectation on the subject line.