Communications Authority of Kenya
Job Re-Advertisement: Director General
The Communications Authority of Kenya (CA) is the regulatory agency responsible for facilitating the development of the Information, Communications and Technology sector, including broadcasting, multi-media, telecommunications, postal and courier services, cyber-security and electronic commerce.
The Authority is seeking to recruit a competent individual to fill the position of the Director General.
The Director General shall be the Chief Executive Office and Secretary to the Board and shall bear the responsibility for the day-to-day management of the Authority.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Director General shall:
1. Manage the day-to-day business of the Authority,
2. Provide overall leadership to the Authority,
3. Serve as Secretary to the Board of Directors,
4. Be the Accounting Officer of the Authority,
5. Develop and recommend to the Board the Authority’s strategic plans, work plans and annual operating budgets,
6. Be in charge of the overall performance of the Authority,
7. Establish proper internal control systems and procedures.
8. Foster and maintain effective communication between the Board and Management, all levels of staff and between the Authority and external stakeholders.
9. Act as the principal spokesperson of the Authority on operational and administrative matters.
10. Ensure continuous improvement in the quality and responsiveness of ICT regulatory frameworks,
11. Ensure industry stakeholders comply with the regulatory frameworks,
12. Ensure continuous achievement of the Authority’s mission, vision, operating goals and objectives.
13. Maintain a conducive work environment that attracts, retains and motivates skilled and talented employees.
14. Foster a corporate culture that promotes Implementation of ethical and good corporate governance practices.
15. Ensure compliance with the laws of Kenya,
16. Any other responsibility as may be necessary to achieve the Authority’s objectives.
The successful candidate should possess leadership and managerial experience of at least 15 years, 10 of which must be at a senior managerial level.
He/she must possess a postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline and be affiliated to a professional body where applicable.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate in-depth knowledge and experience preferably in a regulatory environment.
Appointment to the position will be on contract for a term of four (4) years, renewable once, subject to satisfactory performance,
Applications for the position must include a detailed CV, certified copies of National ID or passport, academic certificates, proof of current membership to a professional body, and any other relevant credentials.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to present the following documents during the interviews:
a) Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
b) Certificate of Clearance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
c) Certificate of Good Conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) and
d) Duly filled and stamped Clearance Form by the Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC).
Please note that the Self-Declaration form from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) should indicate the Authority as the State Officer for which declaration is being submitted.
Applications, which should be submitted quoting Ref: CA.DG/HCA2020 and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org,
may also be hand delivered in a clearly marked and sealed envelope addressed to:
Board of Directors
Communications Authority of Kenya
CA Centre, Waiyaki Way
P.O Box 14448 Nairobi 00800
Applications should be received at the above addresses by 23rd June 2020 at 5pm EAT.
Those who have already applied for the position need not re-apply.
CA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvasing in any form or failure to attach any of the stipulated documents shall lead to automatic disqualification.