East African Packaging Industries (EAPI)
Job Title: Credit Controller
Reports To: Finance Director
Job Summary: We seek to hire an experienced Credit Controller who will be tasked with accountability for the entire credit granting process, including the consistent application of a credit policy, periodic credit reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers, with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and bad debt losses.
He/she must also report to management on outstanding issues, whilst highlighting potential debtor problems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reconcile debtors sub-ledger to General ledger
- Maintain weekly collections as per agreed forecasts
- Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert indebtedness
- Share monthly sales/tonnage analysis reports
- Maintain an updated collection report
- Research disputes and resolve queries within specified timeframes, manage disputes related to Collections
- Ensure monthly foreign exchange rates are updated accordingly
- Daily posting and allocation of receipts
- Provide information for recommending bad debts provision in line with credit policy
- Ensure all Client reconciliation issues are raised with respective departments and sorted and/or escalated to the Finance Director
- Follow up Withholding VAT not remitted by customers
- Ensure Withholding VAT certificates are correctly posted in debtors ledger
- Collect all outstanding debt from customers within the credit control policy and as per set targets.
- Ensure correct weekly debtors reports circulation for debtors meeting and cash inflow forecasts
- Ensure monthly debtors’ statements generation and emailing
- Monitor the actual and projected exposure against credit limit
- Circulate debtor statements to clients as per set timelines.
- Analyze and reconcile all client statements and circulate on a monthly basis to all stakeholders to facilitate collection.
- Send out bank balances report
- Invoicing cash sale customers
- Ensure credit policy relevancy, compliance and adherence (Held, Suspended Accounts)
- Creation of new customer accounts as per policy
- Ensure credit accounts are created only after getting fully approved credit application forms
- Coordinate weekly debtors status meeting
- Seek production approval from Managing Director/ Finance Director for debtors accounts with exceeded credit terms
- Supervise debt collections through third parties
Skills & Qualifications;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- CPA K finalist
- Knowledge and use of ERP
- FMCG or B2B industry experience is an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years experience finance and accounting experience including coordinating audit activities and managing reporting.
- Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office and financial software applications
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Proven ability to make complex and time-sensitive decisions in the best interests of the organization.
- High level of integrity
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Credit Controller) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday 12th June 2020.