The Health NGOs Network (HENNET)
Request for a Consultant
Terms of Reference – Development of a Family Planning Fact Sheet
The Health NGO Network (HENNET) was founded in 2005 to fill a long standing gap within the health sector in terms of coordination, and networking among health related Civil Society Organizations (CSOs).
HENNET was founded as a result of a felt need to set up a forum for CSOs dealing with health issues for purposes of collaboration, sharing of experiences and advocacy.
HENNET brings together different health oriented CSOs, with diverse interests, but all having a common vision of a “Healthy Kenyan Society”.
Currently, HENNET is implementing a project that seeks to build capacity for advocacy and accountability for family Planning at National and Sub-National Level to improve Women, Children and Adolescents’ Health (WCAH)
The project objectives are to:
1. To strengthen civil society coalitions to build consensus, identify shared priorities, increase/align resources and actions for a coordinated Civil Society (CS) perspective and meaningful participation in national and sub-national processes through the national multi-stakeholder platform and other similar structures at the sub national level, depending on countries local context.
2. To implement advocacy and accountability activities across the six priority Every Woman Every Child (EWEC) themes aimed at achieving national WCAH targets, including mobilization of domestic resources;
3. To develop CS coalitions’ technical skills in advocacy, including for domestic resource mobilization, and accountability.
2.0. Expected Roles of the Consultant
The Consultant is expected to develop fact sheet which will contribute to the project goal of strengthening Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) to advocate for increased domestic resource mobilization and social accountability for Family Planning in Busia and lsiolo Counties.
3.0. Expected deliverables
The consultant is expected to prepare a factsheet on:
1. Family planning uptake in the Country and the two counties of Busia and Isiolo;
2. National Governments and the above two mentioned Counties’ accountability, uptake of Family Planning (FP) services and domestic financing for family planning.
4.0. The ideal Consultant
Qualifications /experience and expectations
- The consultant shall be a holder of at least a Master’s degree in Social Sciences, or Health related fields;
- The consultant shall have excellent report writing, research and coordination policy/strategy development skills;
- The consultant is expected to have developed similar works for over10 years;
- Be able to deliver high quality results in a timely manner;
- Over-all adherence to the Terms of Reference is expected;
- The factsheet must be complete by 30th June 2020
- The factsheet must be complete as per the schedule/deadline.
6.0. Application process
Required items- submit the following:
- A capacity statement indicating relevant qualification, skills, experience in similar consultancies as well as full details of three referees.
- Attach relevant work done with at least three organizations one of which must be a health CSOs.
- Attach a detailed proposal and work plan on how he/she plan to undertake the work.
- The consultant must include a broken down cost analysis indicating the professional fee and any other costs that you will need for this work.
Kindly submit your requirements by: 17th June, 2020 by 4:30Pm.
Send your documents to: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org