Job Title: Communications Assistant
Health Strat is an indigenous public health organization incorporated in 2011 specializing in designing and implementing innovative health systems solutions.
Over the last 7 years, Health Strat has registered remarkable success in implementing donor funded health care programs at both the national and county levels.
As a prime and sub recipient of competitive PEPFAR funded grants in HIV and TB service delivery, Health Strat has consistently surpassed performance indicators while institutionalizing best practices in the target facilities.
Health Strat is inviting applications from experienced and qualified individuals for the position of Communications Assistant.
Position Summary: Under the supervision of Director of Projects & Operations, the Assistant will support Health Strat in its internal and external communications, with a focus on impactful communication that serves both to send a message and make a strong call to action.
The Assistant will be responsible directly (or in support role) for a variety of communication products and information management services which are delivered in a professional and efficient manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Research, compile and present basic information for use in the preparation and production of communications content for HS projects and activities.
- Research various information sources for relevant material and cross-check information with appropriate staff/project lead as required.
- Social media engagement – manage, update and further develop HS social media handles including maintaining online engagement.
- Identify and prepare material for inclusion in appropriate HS online space – website or social media handles.
- Take videos and photos in the documentation of our work during HS events / activities and write captions.
- Participate in the planning and coordination of major events and liaise with relevant departments/projects.
- Managing the resource center for repository—organizing and general maintenance of records.
- Undertaking administrative and logistical roles of the communications portfolio.
- Update website to include drafting and editing content.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A degree in communications, journalism or related field or be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- Understanding of using diverse social media platforms as communications tools.
- Practical knowledge in creative design using different applications.
- Practical knowledge in videography and photography.
- Knowledge of program administration.
- Practical knowledge in web design.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CVs to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.