Job Title: HR Assistant
Reference: HRA 2020
Recruiter: Stratostaff East Africa
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Role Summary: To support the implementation of HR Administration Management of all sites within the organization.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Diploma in HR
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in a busy environment
- Good understanding of Kenya labour laws
- Computer literate
- Interface with clients on HR matters arising and alignment on our end.
- Overseeing staff onboarding, orientation/ induction in liaison with line managers and the QHS Supervisor; Create and maintain a comprehensive database for staff at site with contract expiry periods, together with ensuring that all statutory documents of incumbents are received, logged into the database and shared with payroll for inclusion in the system immediately.
- Oversee to ensure that file auditing is done every 3 months to ensure compliance i.e. that files have the relevant documents including (Job Descriptions) together with Receiving, sorting, and distributing incoming documents from site
- Assist in coordinating site activities such as compliance trainings, medical check-ups together with submitting monthly reports on the progress of all compliance issues
- Submission of monthly status reports on contract expiry and renewal by 5th of every month to onsite supervisors for any exits (Non renewals) that need to be done.
- Participating in benefits tasks, ensuring statutory remittance. Overseeing the completion of compensation and benefit documentation for staff;
- Identify training needs, organize for training, and ensure NITA approvals and claims are processed as per the guidelines with agreed timelines. After receiving Dosh forms, ensure notification of the accident is done by submitting the documents to Dosh offices for stamping, ensure receipt of WIBA 4 form and all documents forwarded to the insurer. Follow up with respective agencies to push for expedition of processes i.e. Nita, Dosh and CIC
- Support the HRO’s in Creating innovative strategies for employee motivation strategies such as organizing company events e.g. team building.
- Interface with client on HR operational support needed from our end e.g. adjustment of rates, payment of arrears etc.
- Support ops by following up to ensure that invoices have been delivered to finance accounts receivables in-charge.
- Manage accurate leave balances for SEA staff at your designated client sites
- Ensure rate cards are paid within the minimum wage requirements and any arrears accruing paid off.
- Answering payroll queries from client/staff and facilitating resolution on any payroll errors in liaison with Operations
- Participating in benefits tasks, such as claim resolutions, reconciling benefits statements, and statutory remittance.
- High level of integrity
- Emotional intelligence
- Ability to communicate information verbally and in writing, in a way that creates understanding, captures interest and gains support
- Advanced interpersonal skills and ability to work in a high-pressured environment
- Change management – proactively recognize the need for innovation or improvement and initiate efforts to explore alternative solutions
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge send your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12th June 2020.
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Stratostaff is an Equal Opportunity Employer