ICRC Regional Delegation in Nairobi is recruiting an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of:
Digital Officer 2
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
Overall Responsibility: The Digital Officer 2 leads efforts to deliver compelling and engaging content (proactively and reactively) through the direct management of social media channels and the website at regional level.
S/he provides guidance and support to staff at all levels of the organization on social media use and produces in-depth reports on content performance.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Generates, identifies, develops, edits and maintains engaging online content for the icrc.org/Africa in English (photo galleries, feature stories and news releases) and African social media platforms in English;
- Participates to Geneva’s forward planning, notably ahead of ICRC key dates and events in collaboration with headquarter and delegations to coordinate the publishing of special pages/posts on online platforms in a timely manner;
- Coaches and trains English-speaking African delegation’s communication officers in charge of their local online content on both editorial and technical aspects;
- Generates and analyses monthly statistical reports, measures the popularity of African online platforms in English with Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and other tools;
- Provides proven expertise in digital campaign management on both organic and paid visibility for search and social channels, to promote content;
- With the support of our headquarters, the Digital Officer keeps the African online platforms technically updated;
- Provides in-depth social media guidance on setting up a strategy, managing and mitigating risks, growing an engaged community, influencing audiences and effecting behavioural change;
- Together with the Digital Marketing Officer, leads on social media acquisition and advertising campaigns, including setting performance metrics.
Minimum Requirements and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Media or related field;
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in digital communication;
- Confirmed computer user and good knowledge of specialized online software;
- Strong capacity to use a Content management system (Drupal and/or WordPress and others);
- Expertise in Search Engine Optimization and Pay-Per-Click ads;
- Certificate of good conduct.
The interested candidates should submit their applications on or before the 26th June 2020 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas, Degree etc) and current and expected remuneration to
ICRC Nairobi Delegation,
via E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The reference Digital Officer 2 must be stated in the application to be valid.
If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required certificates & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
ICRC is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.