Job Title: Procurement Officer
Nature of Job: Full Time
Industry: ICT Company
Salary: 50K – 60K
Job Location: Nairobi
Job Summary: Our client, a leading ICT and Telecommunications company is seeking to fill the position of a Procurement Officer to be based in Nairobi.
The role is critical in setting internal goals to improve the cost and efficiency of the company’s procurement operations.
The successful job holder shall play a key role in procuring high quality and cost- effective supplies for our organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure timely purchase of goods for both local and imported goods
- Conduct continuous research so as to determine the best products after reviewing all possible options in the market
- Ensure purchase of products and services that are of highest quality
- Develop and implement procurement policies
- Ensure annual pre- qualification, evaluation and re- evaluation of suppliers
- Ensure timely stock – take and action on the stock variance
- Clear all dead stock in time
- Managing inventories of all products and services in the company
- Maintaining company budgets by ensuring accurate ordering and timely deliveries
- Maintain good relationship with vendors and suppliers to ensure the supplier stays within the terms of the contract
- Overseeing the activities of the department
- Ensure timely submission of procurement reports as per the company processes and procedures
- Grow and develop the procurement team
- Ensure 100% compliance with all procurement and financial obligations as per the law
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time
Key Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing and Supplies or an equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the field.
- Experience in Telecommunication industry is an added advantage
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure
- Ability to lead and to contribute to the tea
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their CV’s quoting relevant skills, qualifications and experience to email@example.com
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.