The Independent Policing Oversight Authority (IPOA) is a state Authority created under an Act of Parliament No.35 of 2011, with the mandate of holding the police accountable to the public ¡n the performance of their functions.
The Authority wishes to recruit a result oriented Kenyan citizen with drive, vision and creativity to fill the following position: –
Designation: Helpdesk Support Analyst
Job Reference Number: IPOA/HR/05/2020
Job Grade: JG 6
Consolidated Salary: KES 90,000 – 130,000
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Installing, testing and configuring of new workstations, peripheral equipment and software
- Maintaining inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses.
- Monitoring, receiving compiling reports on user support requirements for escalation.
- Managing PC setup for new users using standard hardware, images and software.
- Assigning users and equipment to groups in the Active Directory.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners.
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades for workstation hardware and software as required.
- Investigating, diagnosing and solving computer software and hardware faults.
- Repairing equipment and replacing accessories.
- Checking computer equipment for electrical safety.
- Maintaining records of software licenses.
- Providing Enterprise Content Management (ECM) helpdesk support and respond to ECM user requests.
- Maintaining the ECM helpdesk tracking software.
- Must be a citizen of Kenya.
- Served in the grade of Help Desk Analyst for a minimum period of one (1) year in the Public or Private sector;
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Business Information Technology, Information Communication Technology or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; and
- Certification in CCNA and MCSA.
- ITIL foundation certification.
- Experience in hardware and helpdesk support
- Demonstrate the highest level of ethical behaviour
- Diligence with close attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate interaction with the workforce.
Required Behavioural Skills:
- Candidates must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player;
- Demonstrated high ethical standards;
- Demonstrate professional competence, integrity and capability in work performance; and
- Meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the constitution of Kenya.
How to Apply:
All applicants MUST attach IPOA Employment Application Form (available at: https://portal.ipoa.go.ke/careers/)
Interested persons who meet the requirements should submit their application through Post Office, email, online or by hand delivery, clearly indicating the position and job reference number, on both the cover letter, envelope and email applications, together with a detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, national identity card, names and telephone contacts of three referees, to reach the Authority by Tuesday, 30th June, 2020 to:
Director / Chief Executive Officer,
Independent Policing Oversight Authority (IPOA),
1st Ngong Avenue, ACK Garden Annex, 2nd Floor,
P.O Box 23035-00100, Nairobi.
Online application portal: https://portal.ipoa.go.ke/careers/
IPOA is an equal opportunity employer and shall not in its recruitment discriminate based on race, religion, colour, ethnic origin, political affiliation, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability, health or social status.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
IPOA does not engage any recruitment agencies and no medical examination is required before one attends an interview.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.