Are you passionate about making the world a better place for people displaced by war and conflict?
Are you a highly organised, detailed-oriented individual who takes pride in delivering an excellent customer service in a deadline driven environment?
Norwegian Refugee Council welcomes your interest in one of its most exciting employment opportunities!
We are now looking for talented professionals who will join the exciting adventure of building the best place to work with us at our newly established Shared Service Centre as:
HR Coordinator (multiple positions)
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has the ambition to launch its first Shared Service Centre (SSC) for Global Recruitment in October 2020 in Nairobi.
By establishing the Centre, NRC aims at driving efficiency and quality of recruitment in support of all its offices and operations in more than 30 countries.
The NRC Global Recruitment Centre will cover a large functional scope comprising five main areas: Attract, Search, Recruit, Vet and Contract.
It will be led by the Head of the Centre and consist of a team of expert recruiters and HR coordinators.
As a part of the Shared Service Centre, HR Coordinators will work closely with the recruiting team to ensure that candidates undergo relevant background verification and receive necessary employment documents.
The role will be primarily responsible for providing high quality pre-employment checks, preparation of job offers and international employment contracts, in a fast paced and compliance driven environment.
- Coordinate, distribute and administer all mandatory background checks according to NRC policies and regulations; share and clarify the process with candidates
- Monitor pre-employment assessment is completed; inform hiring managers and recruiting team of any issues and/or delays in the process
- Disseminate result of background checks to hiring managers and recruiting team handling properly confidential nature of the information
- Prepare offer letters and related on-boarding documentation and monitor submission of documentation to ensure a timely commencement of the new hire
- Prepare employment contracts ensuring all relevant documentation accompanying contract is collected and filled in correctly
- Partner closely with relevant HR colleagues to transfer timely message necessary for visa and permits’ preparations
- Keep candidates informed during all stages of vetting and contracting process treating them with the utmost care throughout the process; explain terms and conditions of contract clauses ensuring they understand and follow accordingly
- Liaise with hiring managers and relevant HR colleagues to coordinate smooth induction and onboarding of new hires
- Inform payroll team about newcomers and contractual agreements necessary for payroll processing
- Organize and maintain administrative systems and procedures to ensure that documentation, information and files can be appropriately and readily retrieved at any time
- Collaborate with legal and human resources teams to ensure contracts are compliant with laws and regulations
- Adhere to service level metrics to enable operational excellence; be able to identify risks and raise appropriate
- Report any deviation related to vetting and contracting procedures
- Ensure compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, procedures, tools, minimum standards, personal data protection rules and regulations
- Support in implementation of the Shared Service Centre global recruitment strategy, tools and systems
- Drive a culture of integrity, compliance and accountability in the Centre
- You must have relevant experience in contract management role in an international environment
- Strong organisational skills and proven track record of workload management
- Ability and confidence to communicate appropriately with people of all levels, both internally and externally
- Strong analytical skills with superior attention to detail along with ability to discover potential risks
- Deep flexibility and creativity around adapting to fast-changing needs and priorities
- Ability to explain terms and conditions, influence and advise with different levels of seniority
- Positive process-driven and enthusiastic approach with interest in process excellence
- Able to work productively independently and as part of a team
- Understanding of the particular challenges facing international contracts, legal requirements, expatriate taxation rules, etc.
- Familiarity with end-to-end recruitment process
- Tech savvy, experienced in HRM systems and workflow tools
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Previous Shared Service experience is an important asset
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- A good sense of humour would be an asset!
We Can Offer
- 1-year renewable contract and the duty station is in Nairobi.
- Position on Grade 7
- A strongly committed, international team in a well-known humanitarian knowledge organisation.
- Salary/benefits according to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions in Kenya.
NRC reserves the right to conduct a full background check on candidates.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s values; To be dedicated, innovative, inclusive, and accountable are attitudes and beliefs that shall guide our actions and relationships.
Additional Information: Local employment contract under Kenyan law.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Application deadline: 21/06/2020