County Government of Nyeri
County Public Service Board
Re-Advertisement for Vacant Positions
The County Government of Nyeri wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions:
Principal Inspectorate Officer
Job Group ‘N’
Holder will report to the Director, Administrative Services or to any other designated office in charge of Inspectorate
Duties and Responsibilities
(i) Undertaking day-to-day administrative and operational responsibility in his or her area of jurisdiction;
(ii) Responsible for developing security and enforcement programs within his or her area of assignment;
(iii) Identifying areas that require enforcement activities within his area of jurisdiction;
(iv) Receiving, scrutinizing and signing of charge sheets from investigation officers;
(v) Supervision and training of junior officers;
(vi) Executing orders and warrants lawfully issued to county law breakers;
(vii) Preparing and conducting frequent inspection programs on regulated activities to ensure compliance;
(viii) Overall Shift Supervisor;
(ix) Ensuring compliance to Values and Principles of the Public Service in area of jurisdiction;
(x) Preparing and forwarding reports on all inspectorate matters at the Sub- county;
(xi) Ensuring enforcement personnel welfare is catered for at the county.
(xii) Any other duty that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements for Appointment
(i) Must be a Citizen Kenyan
(ii) Served in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service or Private Sector for a minimum period of nine (9) years;
(iii) Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Security Management, Criminology and Fraud Management, Criminology and Security Studies, Criminal Justice; Police Science, Military Science, Forensic Investigations and Penology or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
(iv) Certificate in First Aid lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
(v) Master’s degree in a relevant degree will be an added advantage;
(vi) Certificate in computer application skills;
(vii) Compliance with Chapter Six
Terms of service: Three (3) years contract.
Salary and benefits: Salary will be as per the regulations by Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
The following clearance certificates should be attached to the application:
- A Higher Education Loans Board Clearance Certificate;
- A Valid Certificate of Good Conduct / Police clearance
- A Credit Reference Bureau Clearance Certificate from a recognized body;
- A Kenya Revenue Authority Clearance Certificate;
How to Apply
Hard copy of duly filled Employment Form together with the required documents should be sent or hand delivered to:
Nyeri County Public Service Board,
Karson’s Photo House Kimathi Street
P.O Box 90-10100,
Cellphone: 0745342000 / 0733977003
All applications (hard delivered or through post office) should be received on or before 7th July 2020 at 5.00pm
1. Any communication from the County Public Service Board SHALL be through the above provided address and cellphone.
2. The County Public Service Board does not charge for any of the recruitment exercises, including shortlisting and appointment. Any request for payment or favor should be reported to the police or to the County Public Service Board. You can use our cellphone numbers: 0745342000 / 0733977003
3. The County Government of Nyeri is an equal opportunity employer
4. People living with disability are encouraged to apply
5. Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted by the Board.