Job Vacancy: Account – Payables
Role Purpose: The role holder will be responsible for ensuring steady preparation, processing of payments and reconciling accounts payable transactions.
Reports to: Chief Accountant
Your Tasks and Responsibilities;
- Receive and authenticate all invoices checking for accuracy, procurement process and supporting documents.
- Post all invoices in the system accurately and to the right expenses/assets lines.
- Ensure that all documents are duly supported by an ETR invoice, Delivery Note, Goods Received Note, LPO/Contract, Requisition notes etc.
- Keep track of all payments and expenditures, purchase orders, invoices and statements.
- Monitoring cash flow availability before payments.
- Paying suppliers by scheduling pay dates and cheques.
- Preparing analysis of accounts payable and producing weekly, monthly reports.
- Confirming that all cheques or payments issued have been cleared through the bank account and any unpresented duly followed up and necessary action taken.
- To maintain petty cash that is adequate for the petty expenses and ensures timely cash reimbursement.
- Performing administrative duties such as data entry, sending bill reminders, filing paperwork etc.
- Participate in internal and external audits in producing the required data and supporting documents.
- Maintain & update accurate & verifiable Prepayments & Accruals schedules, Fixed Asset Register & monthly amortizations.
- Process statutory filing – VAT, WHVAT, NSSF, NHIF among others and making sure that no penalties are incurred.
- Liaise with KRA and other government agencies with regard to any challenges, audits etc. and ensure that those challenges are followed through and closed
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Commerce or Business Administration
- A qualified accountant (CPA (K))
- At least 3 years’ working experience in accounts payables in a busy organization.
- Knowledge in accounts receivable will be an added advantage
- Ability to organize, multitask and prioritize activities.
- Excellent Excel & MS Office computing skills
- Be a person who is honest, trustworthy with high integrity.
- Experience in maintaining books using ERP systems.
- Have analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A strong personality with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- The candidate should be aged between 28 – 35 years.
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 10th June, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted