Astral Industries Limited
Job Vacancy: Pipe Manufacturing Laboratory Technician
Astral Industries limited a leading manufacturer of Plastic Molded Tanks, Pressed Steel Tanks, Steel Structures, Fuel Tanks, Hot Water Cylinders, General Fabricator and regular service maintenance.
Astral Industries Limited was established in 2004 and is currently 15 years old with more than 500 distributors all over Kenya is looking to find competent and self-driven individuals to fill the position of Pipe Manufacturing Laboratory Technician.
Location: Isinya, Kajiado County
Salary: As per the current commission structure in place.
Pipe Manufacturing Laboratory Technician
- Ensures the quality of all processes, procedures, materials, processes rework and finished products
- Perform chemical and physical tests to help a manufacturer develop new polymers and other materials.
- Record the measurements and results of the tests and share them with a chemist, chemical engineer or mechanical engineer on the research or production team.
- As a technician, you are involved in quality control. Specifically, test sample raw materials and finished goods for compliance with company, industry and governmental standards.
- Cleaning the laboratory and the equipment and instruments used therein, ordering needed supplies and disposing of trash and other waste.
- Provide organizational quality support by assisting with problem resolution on the shop floor which includes gathering information on any quality-related issues, conducting root cause analysis and providing resolution for non-conformities.
- Provide disposition and segregation of rejected materials and/or products. Summarize data and provide appropriate reports. Maintains rework inventory. Provides samples and sample data.
- Maintain calibration/verification records for all lab testing instrumentation and hand-held devices. Prepare test pipes (go-no go Gauges) for fit testing. Supply manufacturing with calibrated measuring and test equipment.
- Incoming inspection, including first piece inspection, verification of Supplier’s Certificates of Analysis, etc. Validation of product quality conformance to specifications.
- Complete ongoing Reliability Testing to ensure current products continue to meet product performance and/or formulation specs.
Knowledge and Experience
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office software applications.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Basic understanding of quality concepts including variation, process control and root cause analysis.
- Cooperative attitude toward co-workers and supervisors.
- Knowledge of various equipment used in a laboratory (Fill machines, pallet jack, box knife, batch gun, mix tanks, drum mover, microscope, viscometer, Gas Chromatograph, and computer).
- Experience of 5 years in a pipe manufacturing or laboratory environment preferred.
Education and Certification
- Degree in a business, Engineering or scientific course of study or equivalent.
How to Apply
Candidates are kindly advised to indicate in the subject the position applied for and should submit their applications and updated detailed CV indicating qualifications and working experience and day time telephone to email@example.com before 1st July 2020.