ACDI / VOCA
Job Title: PREG County Support Officers
Project: Resilience Learning Activity
Department: PREG Learning
Location: ASAL counties, Kenya
Reports To: RLA Technical Lead for Learning and Adaptive Management
Background: The Resilience Learning Activity (RLA) is a five-year, USAID-funded initiative (2019-2024) that supports regional, national, and local organizations and institutions in Northern Kenya, Somalia, and the Horn of Africa to undertake analysis while strengthening their capacities for analytics; facilitating learning for adaptive management; and improving knowledge management and communication to align with USAID’s Journey to Self-Reliance and the Horn of Africa Resilience Framework.
In Kenya, RLA provides backbone support as PREG Learning to the Partnership for Resilience and Economic Growth (PREG) 2.0 to build on progress made within the partnership at the county and national level. PREG 2.0 brings together 38 USAID implementing partners in the region, including Kenya’s National Drought Management Authority (NDMA), nine county governments, and local partners to coordinate resilience and economic growth activities, and streamline USAID’s investments.
To achieve this, PREG Learning takes on the role of lead learning partner to guide and facilitate PREG 2.0 partners, ensuring evidence-based learning, analytics, and adaptive management to partners and county governments alike.
PREG Learning seeks to recruit three (3) PREG County Support Officers to provide technical and logistical support to PREG Learning and the respective PREG County Leads in coordinating USAID investments at the county level.
Each PREG County Support Officer will support two counties under the following clusters:
a) Isiolo and Marsabit;
b) Turkana and Samburu; and
c) Garissa and Wajir.
PREG County Support Officers will be based at the counties in the Office of the PREG County Lead designate.
Objective: The overall objective of this assignment is to provide technical and logistical support to PREG Learning, PREG 2.0 County Teams, and RLA at the county level for a period of six months with the possibility of extension. Each of the officer positions will be based in the counties and reporting to PREG Learning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Project operations, communications, and logistics
- Support PREG County Leads and PREG Learning in implementation of activities at the county level, including but not limited to administrative, coordination, and logistical support for workshops, meetings, webinars, capacity building initiatives, learning activities, and other events.
- Support PREG 2.0 activities in collaboration with PREG Learning’s Communications team and the PREG County Teams that are focused on improving knowledge management and strategic communications, including information sharing, knowledge capture, and reporting on county activities, updates, successes, collaboration, and learning.
- Work with PREG County Teams and PREG Learning to capture relevant information and updates on shocks and stresses in the counties that contribute to learning and support evidence-based decision making at the county and national level.
- Engage in regular travel between counties based on activity needs.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Collaborate with PREG Learning and the PREG County Teams to support PREG 2.0 activities that strengthen M&E and data analytics, including data collection, monitoring activities of local organizations and institutions receiving RLA funding, and 3rd party monitoring for learning.
- Support PREG Learning to monitor the implementation of a capacity building strategy for local organizations and institutions to develop and maintain an excellent internal CLA system, including regular reflection and analysis of program monitoring data.
- Support PREG Learning with systematizing feedback loop processes for PREG County activities, including pause and reflect sessions, after action reviews, strategic reviews, phone and online surveys, interviews, and other methods.
Collaboration and partnerships coordination
- Engage with county PREG Partners, county government officials, local organizations and communities and provide support as needed.
- Support PREG 2.0 activities in collaboration with PREG Learning and the PREG County Teams focused on strengthening learning and adaptive management of the partnership and local organizations and institutions.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned by PREG Learning.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent in development, research methods, economics, social sciences, project management or relevant field experience.
- Minimum two years of experience in organizing meetings, supporting learning and adaptive management activities, and experience in emergency and development programming is preferred.
- Knowledge of program resilience framework and approaches in the fragile context is an asset.
- Good interpersonal and networking skills
- Excellent report writing and strong computer skills especially with MS Word and Excel and other related packages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to travel and work within the ASAL counties.
- Previous work experience with PREG partners desired.
Please submit a resume to HRKenya@acdivoca.org no later than June 25, 2020.
In the subject line, please include the position title.
Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.