Exciting Quality Control Opportunities
Our client is a leading FMCG manufacturer with a huge market footprint in the confectionery and beverages market.
They seek to recruit a dynamic, results oriented energetic and self driven individuals for the positions of Process Quality Inspector – Confectionery Division.
Job title: Process Quality Inspector
Department: Confectionery Division
No of Positions: 2 pax
Reporting to: Process Quality Supervisor
Salary Range: Kshs 30,000-45,000
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Job Purpose: The overall purpose of the job is to implement product and process quality to ensure conformance as per set specifications to meet customer requirements.
Key Deliverables for the Position
- Ensuring products comply with quality standards.
- Adhere to & maintain EHS and regulatory standards
- On time, in full quality checks
- Achieve cost targets
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementing the departmental strategy in line with the production strategy, policies, processes and procedures to achieve the organization’s objectives.
- Monitoring the process to ensure product conforms to set parameters.
- Releasing of finished goods in the QA module of SAP for final transfer to finished goods store.
- Maintaining records of quality checks through updating of checklists on hourly basis.
- Guiding workers on quality parameters as per standard operating procedures.
- Reporting to Quality Assurance team in case of product variance.
- Ensuring safety measures are followed.
- Implementing best practices in production & respective areas of work.
- Implementing product quality, customer & Service Excellence and Change initiatives to achieve desired business plans and culture.
- Ensuring processes within operations are meeting the set standards.
- Rejecting and removing non-conformities from the process.
- Analyzing root causes for non-conformities by using 5 why tool.
- Ensuring all In Process Inspection SOPs and Work Instructions are current and followed.
Qualifications and work experience
- A holder of Diploma in Biochemistry/Analytical Chemistry/Food Science from a recognized institution.
- More than 2 years experience in a Quality Inspection/Analyst/Control in a production or manufacturing Set up.
- An analytical mind with focus on standards and results.
- A team player who is keen on details and focuses on customer service.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in making a meaningful move in the rewarding FMCG sector, apply by submitting your CV in confidence to:
P.O Box 76883-00620,
Via email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate current and expected salary as well as your availability/notice period in your application or CV.
Due to the current restrictions on movement as a result of Covid -19, we shall only consider applications of candidates within the Nairobi Metropolitan Area
- Do not attach certificates and testimonials in your application.
- Closing date for applications is Friday, 12th June 2020.
- Shortlisting will be carried on a rolling/ongoing basis.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.