Vacant Position: Procurement and Logistics Officer
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Job Brief: We look to fill the above position for our client.
The job holder will be responsible for the timely Procurement and delivery of quality goods and services and manage logistics at competitive prices.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Preparation, coordination and implementation of consolidated annual procurement plans and ensure user departments adhere to it in line with approved budgets;
- Preparation of Request for proposal documents
- Provide logistical support for project activities; including transport for client visits, events such as workshops, meetings, etc.
- Coordinate the receipt, opening and evaluation of quotations, tenders, or proposals for goods, services or works;
- Ensuring user departments adhere to procurement plans in line with budgets;
- Carrying out market surveys, monitor and evaluate performance of the supply chain function;
- Ensuring sound partnerships with suppliers and clients;
- Ensuring timely, efficient and effective procurement of goods, services and works, while strictly adhering to the procurement policy;
- Carrying out designated checks on quality and security aspects of procurement;
- Reviewing the supply chain to ensure it is efficient and effective;
- Managing the annual supplier pre-qualification exercise;
- Prepare supplier’s contracts and purchase orders and submit for approval;
- Maintain files and records for all procurement processes, tenders, procurement evaluations, contracts, Purchase orders and all correspondences relating to the procurements;
- Submit procurement documents, contract and LPOs for payment processing;
- Facilitate the annual procurement audit and other procurement reviews.
- A Bachelor’s degree/Diploma in Supply Chain Management or its equivalent from a recognized
- Two (2) years experience in the procurement department.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Good at negotiating, networking and dealing with numbers;
- Planning and Organizing – Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others
If you are qualified, send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject Procurement and logistics Officer to email@example.com.
Kindly Indicate your expected salary.