Job Vacancy: Quality Control Officer
Location: Industrial Area, Nairobi
Gross Salary: Kshs. 30,000 – 35,000
Start date: Immediately
Who are we?
We are a fast-growing manufacturing company dealing with packaging material seeking to hire a competent Quality Control Officer in charge of monitoring quality and ensuring the right standards of raw materials and finished goods are maintained to join our team.
The successful candidate will be tasked with: –
- Inspect all raw materials to ensure consistency and integrity
- Investigating customer complaints and ensuring that corrective action is taken to avoid re-occurrence
- Monitor all production operations to ensure that they meet customer specifications and standards
- Inspect, test, or measure materials or products being produced
- Ensure correct housekeeping (6S) of all raw materials and finished products
- Remove all products and materials that fail to meet specifications and standards
- Document inspection outcomes by completing detailed reports and performance records
- Approves incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Approves in-process production by confirming specifications and communicating required adjustments to production supervisor.
- Approves finished products by confirming specifications
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and waste; inputting data into quality database.
- Any other duty assigned from time to time.
Who Are You?
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Chemistry
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Quality Control Officer in the manufacturing industry
- Good computer skills with advanced Microsoft skills (word and excel)
- Analytical skills and creativity
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Strong prioritization and administrative skills
- Ability to handle matters with integrity
- Ability to meet pressing deadlines, collect data and communicate it in a comprehensive report.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
Due to the urgency of the role, shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis.
Due to the high volume of applications received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.