Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Job Title: Regional Learning & Communications Specialist
Department / Country: East Africa Region
Contract type: National contract
Reporting: This position reports to the Regional Solutions Manager.
Start Date: June 2020
Duty Station: Nairobi, Regional Office
Overall purpose of the role: The Regional Durable Solutions Secretariat (ReDSS) is a coalition of 14 NGOs working in the search of durable solutions in East Africa.
ReDSS Regional Secretariat is based in Nairobi with country units in Somalia, Ethiopia and Kenya.
It is a coordination and information hub that focuses on research and knowledge management, programme support, capacity development, policy dialogue, and internal/external coordination.
For more information http://www.regionaldss.org
The ReDSS Regional Communication and Learning Specialist will lead in the development, oversight and maintenance of communication, reporting and learning systems.
This includes platforms suitable for internal and external knowledge sharing, communication and trainings.
The Regional Specialist also supports ReDSS country units in Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia and other as relevant.
Production and dissemination of learning and information products, and lead on regional reporting
- Operationalize and monitor ReDSS learning framework and indicators and manage ReDSS learning systems to create, share and apply knowledge to achieve ReDSS objectives
- Compile and synthesise information, manage the production and dissemination of a diverse range of information products, internal and external technical briefs, one pagers and provide specific support to ReDSS Somalia
- Manage the development of learning tools and online tutorials
- Manage and update learning templates, dissemination and uptake plans, SOPs and calendars of events and trainings
- Manage ReDSS regional reporting framework with monthly, quarterly and annual reports and related products shared internally and externally
Support knowledge sharing, organisation of learning events and trainings
- Facilitate and coordinate knowledge sharing activities between countries and actors at national and regional level encompassing both real time learning and longer term lessons learnt processes
- Facilitate and manage preparations for learning events and workshops to promote cross-learning and carry out dissemination of ReDSS learning tools/evidence as appropriate
- Integrate a flexible, collaborative and iterative learning approach into ReDSS activities including the creation of innovative learning tools such as online tutorials, webinars etc while ensuring quality standards of all knowledge products according to ReDSS standards and guidelines
- Lead on development and documentation of case studies on lessons learnt, sectorial/thematic issues including learning from failure
- Disseminate and promote the utilisation of ReDSS key research priorities and case studies both internally and externally to ReDSS stakeholders
Manage ReDSS communication and branding tools
- Manage ReDSS website, and provide and share regular analysis on its use and what to improve
- Manage ReDSS social media accounts to share and disseminate knowledge and learning
- Support with design of research and learning products
- Produce bi-monthly online newsletters and relevant analytics to ensure its relevance and use
- Maintain ReDSS contact database and manage all communication and visibility components
Experience and technical competencies
- Master’s degree in relevant field
- 5-7 years of experience in similar positions involving information management, learning and communications; requiring analysis and presentation of complex information in a simple and accessible manner;
- Strong analytical and writing skills with proven experience in producing high quality learning and communication materials
- Solid experience in capacity development of a wide range of actors including adult learning, mentoring and coaching, training of trainers and impact monitoring of capacity development activities
- Excellent coordination, inter-personal and facilitation and communication skills to build trusted relationships with a wide array of humanitarian and development partners, donors, Government agencies, etc.
- Excellent IT command, close familiarity with the maintenance and management of template-style websites, social media platforms and experience of applying ICT (information communications technology) to knowledge management
- Flexibility, proactive engagement, ability to work under pressure and demonstrate high tolerance for change, complexity and unpredictability
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract: One year renewable with possibility of extension, subject to funding and performance.
Salary and conditions in accordance with the Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff in the respective country.
Commitments: DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework.
Application and CV
Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered.
CLICK HERE to apply online
DRC only accepts applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dk under Vacancies.
Please submit your application and CV in English no later than 12 June, 2020.
DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees.
We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.
Application due: 6/12/2020