Job Vacancy: Registered Nurse
This recruitment will be initially for 3 months and may be extended taking into account the performance of the staff, continued work needs and availability of budget to support the associated costs.
As such, we prefer qualified candidates who are not employed at the moment.
- Perform clinical functions – Give first aid, carry out prescribed treatments, immunization, provide medicaments for minor ailments, health counseling, etc;
- Assist the Medical Officer in conducting medical examinations and giving treatments;
- Advice on mass immunizations, when required;
- Make recommendations for specialized examination, arranging/coordinating hospital admissions of staff, conduct hospital/house visits of sick staff member, temporary staff or consultants;
- Extend medical services to staff dependents by arranging appointments for private consultations and hospital admissions;
- Brief and debrief newly appointed, short-term staff and consultants assigned to the Bank and Field Offices on medical facilities available, immunization requirements and prophylaxis measures.
- Maintain records of periodic clinical statistics (illnesses, consultations, immunizations, medical evacuations, and maternity leaves, number of cases attended daily); input and update the Immunization Monitoring System;
- Maintain emergency and standard medication in stock;
- Regular inventory of medications and medical equipment for the Medical Centre. Make a request to the Division Manager for replacement and reordering the new medication.
- Checking the medication for expiry date, on regular basis;
- Ensure compliance by the staff of periodic medical examinations, arrange appointments with the Medical Officer and inform staff of necessary preparations and maintain appropriate follow-up system;
- Bring to the attention of Medical Officer cases that require further action, e.g., medical travel, extended sick leave, maternity leave, travel by business class);
- Ensure staff awareness of current Bank recommendations on medical matters, malaria, immunizations etc;
- Maintain a close liaison with accredited hospitals and physicians where staff members and their dependents are hospitalized.
- Perform other related duties that may be assigned.
- Hold a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Social Sciences, Public Health or related discipline such as Nursing and Midwifery;
- Must have five (5) years of relevant clinical experience in an acute hospital setting;
- Additional qualification in psychology or Nutrition and dietetics is desirable;
- Registration as Nurse/Midwife and Licensure in country of origin is desirable;
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of Nursing principles and practices are an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and document a comprehensive discharge needs assessment are an asset.
How to Apply
Send your updated CV to email@example.com by 26th June 2020.
Clearly indicate the job title.