RTI International is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition.
With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services.
Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
RTI is currently seeking to fill vacancies for the Kenya Crops & Dairy Market Systems (KCDMS) Activity which is part of the Feed the Future program, America’s initiative to combat global hunger and poverty.
In this regard, USAID is partnering with RTI International on a 5-year (Oct 2017 to Sept 2022) cooperative agreement – KCDMS Activity – to help increase agricultural production and reduce poverty and malnutrition in Kenya.
The project will also spur competitive, resilient market systems in Kenya’s horticulture and dairy sectors.
We are currently seeking applications for the following position to be based in Kisumu:
Social Inclusion Coordinator
Role Summary: Reporting to and with the guidance of the Social Inclusion Advisor, the Program Coordinator-Social Inclusion will coordinate and participate in the Implementation of the KCDMS social inclusion strategy and ensure that women, youth and other marginalized groups benefit equally from KCDMS project.
S/he will be responsible for ensuring implementation of social inclusion strategies across project components and will collaborate with other members of the project team to scale up activities to promote and meet the needs of women, youth and other vulnerable populations.
The Program coordinator will also be expected to support / coordinate Agri nutrition Community activities being implemented at field level with support and guidance from the Senior Program Specialist Nutrition BCC.
- Coordinate and work with KCDMS component teams to integrate women, youth, and other marginalized groups in agribusiness, market systems and other project activities
- Support the development of targeted social inclusion (women & youth) capacity building interventions through identification of BDS support, mentoring and coaching of youth led and women led agribusinesses
- Identify, develop, and facilitate implementation of strategies to increase understanding among young people and women about profitable agribusiness opportunities across entire value chains, reducing stigma and misconceptions about entering the agricultural sector.
- Participate and contribute to project activities organized by other components and ensure full participation and integration of women and youth in those activities including B2B meetings, field days, policy dialogues, etc
- Support project, county staff, and implementing partners in their understanding of social inclusion strategies in the market system; and ensure all activities incorporate appropriate inclusion considerations
- Support Agri nutrition subcomponent at the regional level, monitor and provide support to Agrinutrition grantees and contractors,
- Participate in all regional Agri nutrition meetings, provide updates on the implementation of activities
- In liaison with Regional Manager, develop relationships and collaborate with other USAID funded programs working on mainstreaming women and youth in market systems and agricultural value chain projects in the areas of coverage
- Assist private sector partners in developing and implementing social inclusion into their activities through the KCDMS activity
- Collect and share learnings, success stories and best practices related to social inclusion and Agri nutrition in market systems
- Support Social inclusion contractors including monitoring and providing technical guidance to VSLA contractors in implementing savings and loaning interventions to community groups
- Support Agri Nutrition contractors including monitoring and providing technical guidance as they implement capacity building activities to community groups through the grant partners.
- Support access to financial resources for women and youth in agribusiness and link youth and women agribusinesses to market actors
- Represent the social inclusion and Agri Nutrition component in meetings and stakeholder forums within the project coverage area
- Compile periodic reports including weekly, and quarterly reports and review the reports from the grant partners and Contractors.
- Contribute to grants management with attention to social inclusion
- Work closely with the M & E component in the region to ensure that social inclusion and AgriNutrition data is tracked and collected, participate and contribute towards program surveys, assessments, reviews, learning studies and reporting while ensuring social inclusion considerations
- Any other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, Food and Nutrition, Community Development with 1 years’ experience.
- Master’s degree in any of the above fields will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in mainstreaming social inclusion, working with women and youth in development programs
- At least 1 year implementing community activities focused on Nutrition and Behavior change communication for dietary diversity and improved nutritional outcomes.
- Demonstrated familiarity with social inclusion integration tools and methodologies.
- Experience in program planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in training and building capacity of a range of audiences
- Have strong facilitation, training and mentoring skills
- Ability to form, strengthen and manage relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Experience in marketing and production food systems will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Interested candidates should visit this link http://m.rfer.us/RTI8Ij7Ki and apply by June 26, 2020 at 5.00 p.m.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
RTI does not permit any payment requests demanded during any part of the hiring process.
If such requests are made, please report it to the RTI Ethics Office via HRethics@rti.org.
Any candidate making any payment will be disqualified from consideration for future employment with RTI.