Job Title: Manager – Credit Portfolio Management
Primary Location: Safaricom House – HQ, Nairobi
We are pleased to announce the above vacancy in the New Business Venture Department within the Financial Service.
In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for persons who meets the criteria indicated below.
Detailed Description: Reporting directly to the Senior Manager – Credit & Data Monetization the job holder will be responsible To monitor the credit portfolio to ensure full compliance with the core principles of good lending enshrined in the Credit Policy, Banking Act, and CBK’s prudential guidelines and early recognition of problem credits to mitigate against credit risks within the lending.
To partner with key internal resources to execute on new initiatives to expand current capabilities and/or improve existing risk management processes.
The job holder will work closely with business analytics, scoring and product management teams to grow the lending portfolio.
Input & assist in developing, analyzing and managing credit scoring, strategies and decisions towards our loan purchase algorithms and the overall loan portfolios of the lending business.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Designing, developing, promoting and maintaining financial risk algorithms and models that measure customer credit risk profiles and match these to product arrangements, with a view to optimize profit.
- Apply financial risk models to customer credit limit management, portfolio and collections strategies.
- Advanced quantitative analysis to make informed risk decisions
- Design and development of effective credit risk management models for the mobile lending product
- Design and development of application and behavioral scorecards for different products/markets portfolios
- Definition of a collection strategy for each portfolio to optimize portfolio profitability
- Continuous research and testing to assure effectiveness of the credit risk models, policies and tools in use by the business
- Build and implement governance structure, policy and processes for lending.
- Portfolio monitoring to identify trends and mitigation strategies to achieve target credit risk metrics
- Define and manage a portfolio management strategy that assures compliance to performance metrics
- Oversee credit processes for efficiency and robustness; focus on timely customer conversion/turnaround while maintaining appropriate risk and controls
- To provide necessary portfolio analysis and credit performance forecasts, and review financials propositions with the business to ensure growth.
- Proactively identify portfolio problems and take corrective action by effective use of Analytic tools
- Design, maintain and effectively communicate risk control parameters across the consumer business, including policies, control standards, risk exposure limits and other control levers in order to maintain the business’s risk profile in line with the Group’s risk appetite
- Ensure business and product heads understand and accept their credit risk management responsibilities
- Ensure timely reporting of related portfolio information to relevant stakeholders Key Stakeholders
- Degree from a recognized university preferably in Sales and Marketing, Educations or Economics
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- At least 6-8 years’ experience in a large corporate or multinational company, demonstrated progression and at least 3 years’ experience in a Telecommunications company handling partnerships, business development and strategy formulation.
- Must have experience in management of budgets and forecasts in a large company
- Must have financial modeling experience, preferably in Excel or business objects.
- Must have worked in computerized environment preferably with Oracle application.
- Experience in international reporting and benchmarking
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly CLICK HERE to proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.
Last Date to Apply: Jun 10, 2020