Our client is a leading FMCG manufacturer with a huge market footprint in the confectionery and beverages market. As part of their business growth strategy, they seek to recruit a dynamic, results oriented energetic and self driven individual for the Position of Trade Sales Manager – Modern Trade, Key Accounts and HoReCa.
Department: Beverages Division
Salary Range: Kshs 100,000 – 200,000
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Job Purpose: The job covers Trade Sales for Modern Trade (MT) and Hotels, Restaurants and Canteens (HORECA) The main task is to ensure set sales targets are achieved in due time by proactively generating orders and work with team to pursue business relationships with customers with a focus on merchandising the products at stores.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver growth and revenue sell-through each Business Partner/ Modern Stores/Hotels & Restaurants (HoReCa), and assisting in the development of the Quarterly, Half Yearly , Annual business Plan for both the channels, specifically advising on: realistic forecasts for each territory (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity,
- Participate in conducting internal analysis of the department by providing data related to Modern Trade sales performance.
- Responsible for increasing offtake in stores by planning consumer activation plan like sampling, promotional offers etc. and Collect external environment data related to market, competition & trends.
- Responsible to ensure account coverage by enlisting new chains / standalone / and driving business volumes with suitable negotiation by managing to build strong business relationships with all Accounts in MT & HORECA channels
- Maintain MIS and sales report and provide timely feedback and sharing of regular visibility images to Manage all the account partners to perform against short- and long-term company goals across the whole sales proposition.
- Gather & Share with the Management, the competitor’s information, and their activities.
- Prepare & coordinate the Meeting schedules with the Key Account to identify corporate partnership opportunities with and negotiate the deal.
- Ensure clients have updated price lists whenever prices are revised. Prepare an individual Key Account report and share it with the line manager on a weekly basis.
- Take feedback from the customers on brand awareness, competitors, service quality, etc.
- Find out reasons in case of lost order or in case a customer cancels and discontinues partnership.
- Coordinate with Brand manager for marketing and promotional activities to be done for Modern Trade stores.
- Train the store staff on product features. Ensures that the product has been placed as per layout.
- Ensure all promotional material provided to the store is visible, Discuss with the store manager in case of any issue with display.
- Ensure proper replenishment of client’s stock by keeping updates of stock position.
- Discuss client complaints and issues and resolve.
- Ensure performance of the merchandisers, are appropriate to achieve company sales & visibility Targets/Objectives.
- Manage performance of the team by monitoring their sales performance & Reporting.
- Collect and Share the internal and external data related to Modern Trade with the team which would be used for planning purposes.
- Pass any quality related issues or complaints received from the market to Quality Assurance and other information that may help in new product development.
- Align all activities required to be executed to meet the objectives of the marketing initiative and discuss it with the Marketing team.
- Provide regular (Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly) feedback on the performance of products in the market.
- Coordinate with logistics in charge to insure timely delivery to customers.
- Share with Team / Line Manager, market intelligence report on new initiatives / promotion by competitors, new product information, and suggestions from clients with the team.
- Participate actively in the annual company Strategic / Business Plan by way of market intelligence including structured quality customer feedback and user intelligence to aid new developments with Directory Sales.
- Responsible for collecting the PO and ensuring timely delivery of PO to ensure 100% fill rate so racks are fully stocked and inform customers about discount, promotions, and special offers.
- Provide customer feedback to the Line Manager for decision making.
- They will be required to prepare the following:
- Weekly/Monthly Market visit Itinerary
- Annual Assigned Modern Trade Sales forecast
- Monthly Sales Performance Reports
- Weekly Order Fill / Conversion Report
- Monthly credit collection and age wise receivable report
- Weekly Modern Trade sales report, Weekly Key Accounts visit report
- Weekly competitors report and Monthly New product market feasibility report.
Qualifications and work experience
- Any Graduate preferably with a sales and marketing diploma or MBA
- Minimum of 8-10 years proven experience in Organized Retail Trade(Modern Trade) and HoReCa in the Beverage / FMCG sector.
- Understanding of the retail sales process with Knowledge of inventory stocking procedures
- Excellent Kiswahili and English language skills both oral and written
- Self-driven and Self-motivated person with meet and exceed goals and the ability to work in a fast-paced and able to handle pressure with high sense of confidentiality.
- Excellent management skills – Highly motivated, quick-learner, self-starter, Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills including networking skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in making a meaningful Sales Career move in the rewarding FMCG sector, apply by submitting your CV in confidence to:
P.O Box 76883-00620,
Kindly indicate current and expected salary in your application cover letter, subject line or CV.
Candidates with Modern Trade – Key Accounts and HoReCa are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Do not attach certificates and testimonials in your application.
- Closing date for applications is Friday 26th June 2020.
- Shortlisting will be carried on a rolling/ongoing basis.
- Only shortlisting candidates shall be contacted.