Short-Term Consultancy to Provide Business Development Services (BDS) and Business Related Information to Young Agripreneurs in Kisumu and Homabay Counties
TREYL Project, through the youth mentorship framework and Agroeco-preneurship approach to transform rural economies requires a business development service (BDS) provider to handhold and coach mentors through best business practices.
This will include training on Business planning, Record keeping, market research and product development, optimal pricing and selling strategies, engagement of finance institutions, access to market information, creating networks and linkages to other service providers, support with improving business productivity and competitive advantage and providing referrals to legal and regulatory bodies for compliance.
The key deliverables and expected outputs include:
- Identification and description of methods and skills required to monitor the present and potential information demands of mentors
- Set up an effective monitoring, learning and evaluation plan and tool to monitor business progress of all young business owners in Kisumu and Homabay counties
- develop a precise framework for the BDS provision.
- Plan of Operation describing all activities including a time schedule, reporting structure and responsibilities
The Consultant will report to the Youth and Livelihoods Advisor – TREYL Project.
Interested individuals/entities should have:
- Knowledge of ILO start and improve your business (SIYB), and grow and expand your business (GEYB) and mentoring approaches.
- Practical business knowledge with emphasis on marketing and Financial management skills.
- Demonstrated experience in Market Research, monitoring and evaluation and product development.
- A good command of the English, Swahili and Luo language.
- Demonstrated experience in small business development and management (own business or by providing business development services), experience with small business financing, market analysis and market research.
- Demonstrated experience in community economic development, community empowerment, working with community based organisations.
- Strong experience in networking.
- Highly developed interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Motivated and goal orientated.
- Comfortable working autonomously.
- Creative and strong problem solving skills.
- Strategic/big picture view – goal orientated.
- Report writing experience.
- Experience directly working with young people in research
- Good understanding and proven track record in safeguarding / do not harm principle.
- Experience working in the lake Basin, highly recommended.
CLICK HERE for a detailed Terms of Reference.
How to Apply:
A consulting entity that meets the above requirements and is available within the time limit indicated above should submit the following at: email@example.com with the subject line “Consultancy to provide Business Development Services (BDS) and Business Related Information” so as to reach Practical Action on or before 21st June 2020.
- Proposal and capability statement with clear methodological approach
- Detailed financial proposal in Kenyan Shillings
- Annexed to the proposal should be CVs of the proposed team
At Practical Action, we treat all applications for employment on their merits and do not take into consideration any factors that are not relevant to the job such as disability, race, age, religion, gender, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults and as such candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks.
The successful applicant must have the pre-existing right to both live and work in Kenya.