Aspendos Dairy Limited
Vacant Position: Operations Management Intern
Background: Aspendos Dairy is an established Dairy processor based in Kangema, Murang’a.
Aspendos produces a wide range of products under the brand name of “Mountain Fresh”.
Job Description: Aspendos Dairy Limited is looking for an Operations Management intern, to be based in Murang’a, who will support in the review all activity of the production department of the company. They shall observe and analyse, and document overall efficacy and opportunities for improvement of the department. The position is on a 3 months contract basis.
Reporting: Operations Management Intern (OMI) will report directly to the Finance manager of Aspendos. They will work full-time hours and may need to work overtime as needed to ensure their department hits previously-set goals. OMI may work in any number of different settings, depending on the industry in which they work.
OMI Duties and Responsibilities
The specific duties and responsibilities of operations intern are as follows, but not limited to them.
The intern will be tasked to develop production KPIs that cover –
- Production throughput/Capacity utilization
- Down time, planned and unplanned
- Material utilization – packaging, product, maintenance
- Utility utilization – steam, water, power
Develop documentation to track performance matrice
- The OMI will be required to develop relevant documentation for track of the various KPIs developed and will train on the implementation of such KPIs. This will also include procedures for adopt in production.
- With the developed documentation the intern will be tasked to input data in SAP for daily tracking of production inputs.
- Together with the finance department the intern will support in the development of accurate product costing, across the various products.
- Together with the Quality assurance manager the OMI will develop a management process for ex-market products and develop a trend analysis for documenting quality issues.
Minimum Required Skills and Experience:
- CPA 6 qualification and knowledge in accounting systems
- Knowledge in operations management and ERP systems
- Knowledge on production costings
- At least 6 Months work experience.
- Knowledge in food production systems is an added advantage
- Strong project management and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and good computer skills in business software (Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint).
- Strong English skills.
Job Specific / Technical Competencies include:
- Computer Literacy: Demonstrates knowledge and ability to use specific computer programs or applications for your own functional area. Has the ability to improve performance by integrating new and existing technology into the workplace.
- Analysis, Research, Report Writing: Experience in business planning and analysis, modeling for feasibility and execution. Able to analyze and express oneself clearly in business writing.
- Innovative Mindset: Curious inquiries, asks questions and seeks out information from multiple sources, learns from mistakes, sees change as an opportunity.
- Internal Client Focus: Client Focus is based on the ability to understand the organization’s needs and concerns in the short to long-term and to provide sound recommendations and/or solutions.
- After the contact the intern will be considered for a permanent position.
Qualified and interested applicants should submit a non-returnable single Word-formatted document consisting of a cover letter, resume to email@example.com.
The final deadline for receiving applications is 5th Aug 2020 end of day.