Our client in the automotive sector seeks to recruit a Brand Manager.
He/she will manage the Heavy Commercial Fleet Brand effectively, efficiently and profitably with a view of meeting the business strategic goals.
To develop the retailer strategy to increase revenue and profit in all areas of the business in accordance with the Group’s growth plan, working with and developing our enthusiastic and skilled team to deliver the highest levels of customer experience.
Reports t0: Group Sales Director
- Efficiently, effectively and profitably manages the resources.
- Take full responsibility for managing the financial performance of the brand to deliver on agreed budgets and manufacturer partner targets.
- Develop an integrated marketing strategy to effectively achieve brand promotion objectives and increase market share for Sales, Service and Parts departments in line with their respective business strategies.
- Ensure appropriate research has been carried out and competitor marketing intelligence information is timely sourced to support development of a dynamic and responsive marketing strategy.
- Negotiates with the principal business partners about growing business.
- Instill a dealership culture that capitalizes on an integrated business approach across Sales, Marketing and after sales.
- Directs the brand’s Business Development Programs.
- Ensure that the Brand’s is properly manned about employees as well as monitor and assess their performance on a regular basis.
- Coordinate and manage showroom activities to deliver the highest levels of service and even standards.
- Develop expert knowledge of the customer base to identify and can segment it for marketing events and special projects.
- Responsible for deploring all sales tools in full working condition including computer terminals, CRM access, proper email address setup, product brochures and any further materials available.
- Negotiate all business contracts for the brand in consultation with the line Manager.
- Translate brand strategies into brand plans, brand positioning and go-to-market strategies.
- Lead creative development and create motivating stimulus to get targeted population to “take action”
- Liaise with all stake holders to ensure that maximum value is derived for the brand resulting in improved brand awareness, brand preference and ultimate increase in customer numbers thereby realizing business revenue. Minimal latitude for independent judgment is allowed.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- A university Degree in Sales & Marketing / Public Relations from a recognized institution.
A post-graduate Diploma in Marketing is desirable.
- At least 8 – 10 years’ experience in automotive dealership out of which a minimum 5 years should be at Managerial Level.
Job Specific Skills:
- Demonstrated leadership skills and Strategic / Systems Thinking, Customer Orientation, Decisiveness.
- A Results oriented person with sound understanding of automotive dealer/distributor business processes.
- Business Negotiation skills, Business acumen, Strategy, Organizational & analytical skills.
- Accountable for devising, planning and delivering many complex tactical initiatives in line with a financial, operational and strategic business plan.
- Handle complex projects, allocate time resources as required. Have budgetary control and deliver within time and financial budgets.
- Analyze problems which are technically complex or conceptually abstract, generating workable solutions through creative thinking.
How to Apply:
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Brand Manager –Automotive Industry on the Subject line.
Candidates MUST indicate their Current and Expected salaries.