Job Title: Branch Manager (Several Positions)
Reporting Line: Regional Manager – Retail Banking
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Profile Introduction: Our client in the banking sector seeks to onboard Branch Managers who will provide powerful leadership to the branch teams, drive and deliver excellent business performance as well as a customer oriented culture.
The position holders will also ensure optimum productivity, operational efficiency and outstanding customer service.
- Business Development: Develop and implement branch business development strategy and sales plans to ensure achievement of branch targets;
- Prospecting: Assess local market conditions in a bid to identify current and prospective sales as well as communicate effectively with other branches and Senior Managers through sharing information on business opportunities and needs that can be leveraged on;
- Customer Focus: Promptly address key customer issues and needs with an aim to drive world class customer service culture;
- Credit Management: Work collaboratively with the credit department in extending and enforcing credit policy. Take lead in the control of credit portfolio and well as credit risk monitoring and ensure that credit management and credit operations at the branch are fully compliant to the Bank Credit Policy and procedures;
- Risk assessment and management: Ensure proper due diligence on KYC is conducted on all customer accounts to effectively manage Anti-Money Laundering (AML/CFT) risk exposure at the branch level;
- Financial analysis: Conduct an analysis on ratios and other measurement tools with an aim of managing branch revenue, operating costs and profitability;
- Compliance: Regularly evaluate the effectiveness of the branch operations to ensure that policies are being adhered to and that targets and other set objectives are being attained at all times;
- Asset Management: Ensure the safekeeping of Branch assets including structures, equipment, inventory and cash;
- Audit Management: Oversee the auditing process at the branch level and ensure all audit issues and queries are addressed in a timely fashion;
- Performance Management: Monitor and evaluate the performance of all branch staff through performance appraisals and recommend and/or initiate corrective action where necessary to improve performance and/or attaining established personal and organizational goals;
- Succession Planning: In collaboration with the HR Department, develop and implement a succession planning program for the branch to facilitate continuity and availability of required skills and competencies to meet the needs of the branch;
- Leadership: Establish and maintain a system that fosters a culture of teamwork, employee empowerment and commitment to the department’s and the Bank’s goals; Provide leadership and guidance to the branch team through effective planning, communication, training, mentoring and coaching.
- Strategic Orientation;
- Business Acumen;
- Results Orientation;
- Customer Focus;
- People Management & Development;
- Operational Excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business, Accounts or related field;
- Professional banking qualifications or CPA (K) qualifications is a plus;
- Possesses a minimum of six (6) years’ experience in banking 2 of which must be at branch management level in the banking sector with proven result track record;
- AMC/CFT training/knowledge is a must;
- Good Knowledge of CBK Prudential Guidelines;
- A good understanding of the Banking Act and Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) clearing procedures and general laws related to Banking; high levels of professionalism and professional development.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge please apply by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject Branch Manager by 5pm 5th August 2020.
Kindly attach your CV in word format.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.