Vacant Position: Social Media Manager
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Deadline to Apply: July 31, 2020
Start Date: ASAP
Eligibility: Position open to Kenyan Nationality
About BetaFriend Limited: Betafriend Limited is a player in the Gaming sector, with a sports betting brand. Betafriend are looking for a fun, creative and passionate Social Media Manager; you must be someone that loves sport, has an engaging way of interacting online, and is data focused.
We need someone to create and implement our Social Media strategy and build a strong persona backed online, to excite and engage our fans and followers.
If you would like to join our young & vibrant Nairobi team, and get it at the ground floor of an exciting new brand, you must have the following experience:
The incumbent will be responsible for providing sports betting guidance on all our Social Media Channels.
The responsibilities are as follows:
- Work with Brand team to create and manage brand persona and TOV
- Create and implement Social Media Strategy
- Work with Marketing and product team to create and drive all content planning
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales.
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
- Liaise with online influencers, delivering multi-channel digital content strategies
- Create weekly reports for management
- Oversee design (ie: Social media graphics for Facebook cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, Blog, etc.).
- Work with Marketing team to create and manage promotions and social ad campaigns,
- Analyze key metrics and tweak strategy as needed.
- Compile weekly reports for management’s review
Skills & Requirements
- 3rd level education a major plus
- Fun, energetic, with great sense of humour and hard-working attitude
- Must be passionate about sport – especially football
- Must have 3 years’ experience in social media or a marketing team
- Track record of managing creative social media, objective driven social campaigns (links and examples required on application).
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- Experience running campaigns across following social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube etc.)
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
- Experience running campaigns with bloggers and/or influencers to generate and distribute content
- Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Practices superior time management.
- Should be a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary. (ie: content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management).
- Makes evident good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research and Google Analytics. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social.”
- Possesses functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress CMS (self-hosted).
- Demonstrates winning Social Customer Service techniques such as empathy, patience, advocacy and conflict resolution.
- Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
- Must be interested in Football will be a very highly added advantage
Interested candidates should apply by emailing a CV and Cover Letter explaining their interest in the position and what they could bring to it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please specify the job title in the email subject. Only complete applications will be considered.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and should be available to start ASAP.
Please send your resume by COB July 31, 2020.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Social Media Manager. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that BetaFriend Limited will never request any form of payment from an applicant.
Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with BetaFriend Limited prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization.