Job Vacancy: Camp Site/ Resort Manager
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Director, the Camp Site / Resort Manager is responsible to manage operations on a day to day basis to assure optimum performance and continual improvement in the four Key Result Areas (guest service, employees, property appearance, and profit / financial control.
Coordinates, directs and manages the staff and everyday camp operations to achieve profitability, guest satisfaction and efficiency while maintaining standards set by the company assuring 100% guest satisfaction.
- Deliver excellent customer service, at all times, ensuring guests’ comfort and safety
- Deal with all enquires in a professional and courteous manner, in person, on the telephone or via e-mail
- Conduct market intelligence, personal and online marketing and entice potential clients
- Plan clients logistical support as required
- Assist in keeping the camp clean and tidy, at all times
- Deal with customer complaints in a professional manner
- Complete all daily administration tasks as required
- Ensure that all tents, rooms and all areas under your responsibility are checked thoroughly at the end of every shift, confirming that they meet our standards
- Maintain the correct handling of all soiled linen and ensure that every room and or tent has the correct bedding and relevant number of towels
- Report any faults or damage in any of the tents or camp facilities immediately to the director.
- Monitor and oversee maintenance issues relevant to your area and liaise with third-party contractors as required
- Complete regular checks on portable electrical appliances
- Be accountable for all relevant product delivery and stock management (mainly, laundry, food items, cleaning materials and bedroom supplies), including setting stock levels, checking, counting, storage, reconciliation and loss investigation
- Manage and maintain effective and efficient use of all operations equipment in line with company policy
- Conduct weekly and monthly stock/ asset assessment
- Ensure all statutory requirements are adhered to and complied with
- Cause books of accounts to be maintained, audited and approved
- Provide reports, as required, for senior management
- Maintain effective communication, at all times, among the team
- Complete weekly rosters of all workers; manage and maintain correct staffing levels in line with targets and business levels
- Ensure that the muster roll is kept up to date and manage absence and lateness, in line with company policy
- Complete all required health and safety/fire checks on time
- Be responsible for evacuation, in cases of emergency, acting as first point of contact for the team, guests and the emergency services
- Report any security issues to the operations manager immediately
- Always adhere to all company policies and procedures and licensing laws
- Be involved and contribute at team meetings
- Carry out instructions given by the management team
- Hotel Management degree \ diploma from a reputable institution
- Food and beverage qualifications are desirable though not a must
- Thorough knowledge in tour and travel operations
- MS office suite
- Over 3 years of progressive hands-on experience in a busy 3 to 4 star hotel or tented camp.
Personal Qualities and Behavioral Attributes
- Customer focus with a warm friendly personality
- Ability to work unsupervised in a busy environment
- Ability to prioritize duties
- Honest and reliable
- Build and maintain good relationships with all team members
- Be able to communicate well with people of all levels
- Ability to develop self and others
- Ability to welcome and embrace change, with a positive attitude
- Good judgment skills with the ability to plan ahead
- Able to create and work within budgets
- Ability to generate new ideas.
- Comfortable working in a remote rural setting.
- A lover of nature and natural beauty.
How to Apply
Applications done by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All application must include a cover letter with detailed explanation regarding the understanding of the tasks and why the applicant feels qualified for the position together with a CV.
All applications must be received before 14/7/2020.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
A performance-based contract will be offered to the selected candidate.