Job Title: Network Engineer
Rationale: As we organize ourselves to be a world class Business, Our Cloud Infrastructure sits at our core and has been given extreme focus as a pillar for growth.
We are in the business of helping people and businesses doing well and we will do this only if we care more about their success.
We have hence organized ourselves to continually build successful products and change the African market by providing products that cater to our customer demands ensuring we keep at the top of our market maintaining consistent quality in our delivery.
Do you care about building highly available and scalable computing infrastructure?
The Technology team is looking for a Network Engineer to join a team-oriented staff and share in the responsibility of building and maintaining Cellulant’s rapidly expanding IT Infrastructure.
The role sits at the core of the organization’s platforms. It requires being an innovative engineer able to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
You possess vast experience working in an IT environment dealing with cloud technologies.
A background in Telecommunications, Computer Science, or I.T. is required for this role.
Deep Knowledge of Virtualization, Linux, Windows, Network/IP based systems is highly desirable.
The main focus is on deployment and operations of business user solutions.
Excellent verbal, written communication skills is a must. Ability to articulate concepts and operate in a team-oriented environment.
It is important to be customer oriented.
About the Team: You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency in delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance, and security.
Qualifications for the role
- Degree in Telecoms, Computer Science/IT Engineering, or related fields of study.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Service Provider environment
- Holds a Cisco CCNP or equivalent industry certification
- Practical experience with routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, ISIS on Cisco, Juniper or Fortigate Hardware
- Practical experience with application delivery controllers such as F5, NGINX, HAProxy etc.
- Competent in implementation of network security with NG firewalls such as Cisco ASA, Fortigate, Juniper or equivalent
- Proven experience with Network Monitoring tools
- Working knowledge of public cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with programming/scripting languages will be an added advantage
- A solid understanding of Internet based technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, Security, HTTP/HTTPS)
- Sound knowledge of security approaches within cloud and data center networks
Nice to have
- Knowledge of virtualized environments such as VMware vSphere, KVM, Citrix Xenserver
- Being interested and able to grow in developing architectural designs, scripting, automated IT infrastructure systems. Learning platform area elements, enhanced configuration management systems, for example Ansible, Terraform
- Strong Desire to automate network activities
- Strong interest to learn the latest automation tools
- The perfect candidate has a desire to be part of advanced team
- Interest and motivation to document key points of design and operational practices, working within existing within the team approaches
How to Apply
Send your CV in PDF, email subject: Network Engineer to email@example.com before July 15th, 2020.
Hiring will be done on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.